WTCNO To Host Small Business Exporter Forum Featuring EXIM Chairman Hochberg
NEW ORLEANS – The World Trade Center of New Orleans (WTCNO) will host a Small Business Exporter Forum on Tuesday, May 24, 2016, at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place, 100 Iberville St., 11th floor, Crescent Ballroom, from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The Forum is designed to support regional small businesses and manufacturers in finding new markets and customers, protecting against the risk of nonpayment, extending credit terms to foreign buyers and accessing vital working capital.
Panel discussions will cover expanding exports with Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) support and other government resources to promote business growth. EXIM Chairman and President Fred P. Hochberg will deliver the opening remarks.
Those also scheduled to attend include:
• Dominik Knoll, CEO, World Trade Center of New Orleans
• Edward T. Hayes, Chairman, World Trade Center of New Orleans
• Paul Aucoin, Executive Director, Port of South Louisiana
• Robert Allende, Owner & CEO, International Material Industries, LLC
• Warren Bares, President/ International Insurance Broker, J. Maxime Roy, Inc.
• Carson Strickland, Sr. Vice President, Global Trade Finance, Regions Bank
• Erin Butler, Director, New Orleans U.S. Export Assistance Center, U.S. Commercial Service
• Reginald G. Harley, Regional Manager, Export Solutions Group Office of International Trade, U.S. Small Business Administration
• Kelly Kemp, Regional Director, North Texas Branch, EXIM Bank
Registration and networking begins at 8:30 a.m., and the program and a catered breakfast begins at 9:00 a.m.
The Keynote address is scheduled to start at 9:10 a.m., followed by a 9:30 a.m. panel, “Expanding Your Manufacturing Business Through Exports” and a 10:30 a.m. panel, “Government Resources to Grow Your Exports.”
A final networking session begins at 11:30 a.m.