Winn-Dixie To Host Community Celebration To Reveal Three Newly Remodeled Northshore Stores
COVINGTON, La. — Winn-Dixie will officially reopen three newly remodeled stores in Louisiana in response to customers who asked for an improved shopping experience. As part of the grand opening, and to officially reintroduce the community to the new and improved Northshore stores, the Winn-Dixie locations will host ribbon cutting ceremonies at 7:45 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 8. The remodeled store locations are:
Store 1443 – 70431 Hwy 21, Covington, LA 70433
Store 1448 – 2100 Collins Blvd, Covington, LA 70433
Store 1500 – 4100 Hwy 59, Mandeville, LA 70471
President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers Anthony Hucker said, “Winn-Dixie is proud to continue our strong commitment, of more than sixty years, to Louisiana communities with our three newly remodeled Covington and Mandeville stores, offering exceptional service and the freshest products at the right price. We take pride in the renewal of our stores, but we are also honored to engage in solid community partnerships, which help to make St. Tammany Parish, and the region, stronger.”
“Louisiana is an area rich in culture and heritage, and our customers can count on us to honor that tradition by offering unique local products and serving the people of this wonderful community,” Hucker continued. “Celebrating Winn-Dixie Day with Northshore leaders and community partners allows us to show support for local organizations and loyal customers who have supported Winn-Dixie for the past sixty years.”
The first 500 customers to arrive at each remodeled Covington and Mandeville Winn-Dixie on Saturday, Sept. 8 will receive a mystery gift card valued between $5 and $500.
The community also is invited to a free Community Celebration Event for Winn-Dixie Day to celebrate the newly remodeled Hwy 21 store on Saturday, Sept. 8, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Customers will be welcomed to the event by:
Southeastern Grocers President & CEO Anthony Hucker, Covington Mayor Mike Cooper and
St. Tammany Parish Representation
70431 Hwy 21, Covington, LA
The first 250 attendees to arrive to the Community Celebration Event for Winn-Dixie Day hosted in the parking lot will receive a free Winn-Dixie mystery gift card valued between $5 and $500. Activities include a charity Giant Jenga Tournament where the community can play for a chance to receive $2,500 to donate to a local charity of their choice, free food sampling from local favorites including Jambalaya by Jambalaya Girl, Abita Root Beer Floats, Chisesi Po’Boy Station, “mocktail” samplings and more. Other Community Celebration Event festivities for Winn-Dixie Day include live entertainment by local favorite River City, special performance by renowned singer and fiddler Amanda Shaw, appearances by the Mande Milkshakers and much more.
Covington and Mandeville Store Features
Northshore customers will immediately notice the enhancements throughout the new and improved stores, including:
- New façade signage and a fresh, contemporary color palate and modern store signage inside
- Newly updated farm-fresh produce department with an expanded selection of fruits and vegetables, including organic varieties.
- Improved deli with expanded grab and go meal options for added convenience.
- Wide assortment of easy lunch and dinner options, including a hot bar with rotisserie chicken, wing bar with an assortment of flavor varieties, Smokehouse BBQ an ready-made salads are available on the go.
- Expanded bakery department with new selections, displays and fresh bread daily.
- New SE Grocers Naturally Better product selection, offering a large variety of gluten free, organic and natural products.
- Expanded beer selections including craft beer and a variety of fine wine selections.
- Full-service meat department with a butcher on-site to make fresh cuts of meat by request.
- Updated seafood department with new expanded seafood varieties including fresh, whole fish and the option to select a convenient “Seafood Made Easy” meal to cut down on cooking time at home.
- New Health and Beauty section with expanded offerings.
- Expanded grocery aisles with additional products and assortments.
- Updated floral department with a fresh, new look and a wide variety of new products arriving daily.
- Continued commitment to fresh quality and outstanding service
The new and improved Hwy 59 Winn-Dixie is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Hwy 21 Winn-Dixie is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. and the Collins Blvd Winn-Dixie Is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. All locations are open seven days a week