Windsor Court Announces Holiday Celebrations
NEW ORLEANS – Windsor Court is celebrating the holidays with festive offerings throughout the hotel. Whether it’s escaping to New Orleans for a family getaway, seeing the splendor of the grand décor during Holiday Tea, creating a new Turkey Day tradition with Thanksgiving dinner in The Grill Room, or warming up to winter with cocktails and live jazz during a New Year’s Eve celebration in Cocktail Bar, there’s something for everyone at Windsor Court this season, hotel reps said.
Every November, the hotel transforms into a winter wonderland, featuring a 19 1/2-foot Christmas tree boasting more than 25,000 mini white lights, a classic toy train around the base and over 1,500 feet of gold magnolia garland. Additional décor includes ten Colorado blue spruce trees, donning more than 3,000 ornaments, and four, six-foot gold magnolia wreaths in the main lobby windows. The grand stairwell is lined with 75 feet of gold magnolia garland, along with 500 sparkling mini lights. A new gingerbread masterpiece by Pastry Chef Shun Li will also be on display.
Café Anglais Grand Opening
This November also marks the grand opening of Café Anglais, the hotel’s new eatery. Featuring French Truck Coffee, housemade pastries, salads, sandwiches, ice cream and more, Café Anglais will be a one-stop shop for hotel guests and on-the-go locals. The café is slated to open at the end of the month.
Wishes, Dreams, Memories
Guests are invited to add to the decorative festivities by writing their own wishes, dreams or memories on complimentary holiday ornaments and hanging them on a special tree in the lobby. Then guests can share their ornaments with the world by posting a photo to social media and tagging @WindsorCourt with the #WindsorWishes hashtag. The hotel will share and repost its favorites.
Papa Noel Rates
With special holiday room rates available, visitors can save while enjoying the seasonal splendor of Windsor Court. From Nov. 20, through Jan. 5, 2017, guests receive 20 percent off the best available rate Sunday through Thursday and 10 percent off the best available rate Friday and Saturday.
Sounds of the Season
This December, the variety of holiday offerings will be complemented by performances from local school choirs. Throughout the month, students from Isidore Newman Lower School, Metairie Park Country Day, Stuart Hall and Hynes Charter School, among others, will gather in the Windsor Court lobby to provide seasonal entertainment in true New Orleans holiday spirit.
Holiday Tea in Le Salon
There’s no better time to take in the twinkling lights and decorative grandeur than during afternoon tea or a festive feast, and Windsor Court has it all, hotel reps said.
From Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day, this centerpiece of the New Orleans holiday season has been a community tradition for over 30 years. On the busiest days of the season, Le Salon serves 325 to 400 guests.
· $52 for adults and $28 for kids, plus tax and gratuity
· Service includes a properly brewed pot of tea; a glass of sherry, sparkling wine or specialty cocktail; an enchanting selection of English tea sandwiches; seasonal scones with clotted cream; and a final course of gourmet desserts.
· Reservations are required and can be made by calling (504) 596-4773 or visiting www.windsorcourthotel.com/le-salon.
· Highly-coveted seating times may already be sold out since the hotel accepts reservations beginning in March.
Festive Feasts in The Grill Room
Chef de Cuisine Gabriel Charpentier and his team have created prix fixe menus for Thanksgiving, Reveillon, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. Reservations can be made by calling (504) 522-1994. All menus are available here: www.grillroomneworleans.com/menus
• Thanksgiving Day
· $100 per person, plus tax and gratuity
· Four courses
· Served Nov. 24, 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and 5-10 p.m.
· Menu options include Turkey Roulade, Sweet Potato Soup, and Bourbon Apple Bundt Cake
• Reveillon Dinner
· $55 per person, plus tax and gratuity
· Four courses
· Served throughout December, excluding the 24, 25 and 31.
· A French and Creole tradition from the 1800s, Reveillon (meaning “awakening”) stems from the custom of having a large family dinner following Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve
· Menu options include Pumpkin Bisque, Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops, Red Snapper Bouillabaisse and Spiced Crème Brulée Cheesecake
• Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
· $110 per person, plus tax and gratuity
· Five Courses
· Served Dec. 24, 5-10 p.m., and Dec. 25, 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and 5-9 p.m.
· Menu options include Blue Crab Salad, Crawfish Bisque, Christmas Goose and Bûche de Noël
• New Year’s Eve
· Early seating $115 per person, Late seating $250 per person
· Four courses
· 5:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. reservations are $115 per person, plus tax and gratuity
· 8:00 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. reservations are $250 per person, plus tax and gratuity
· Later seating includes a ticket to the all-inclusive celebration in Cocktail Bar
· Menu options include Lobster Consommé, “Pousquabail” (classic Turducken reinvented), and Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
· Black tie optional
• Ringing in the New Year in Cocktail Bar
· From 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., Cocktail Bar hosts an exclusive celebration with live jazz by Tom Hook
· Service includes dessert stations, open bar and a Champagne toast at midnight
· Reservations are required and can be made by calling (504) 522-1992
· Black tie optional
· Throughout the night, guests can also stop by the recently expanded and refurbished Polo Club Lounge for the soulful sounds and melodic grace of New Orleans songbird Robin Barnes, whose latest album landed her on the Billboard charts at No. 5 for Current Traditional Jazz Albums.
The award-winning luxury 23-story Windsor Court features 316 oversized guestrooms and suites, the acclaimed Grill Room Restaurant, the storied Polo Club Lounge, the celebrated Le Salon for afternoon tea and an extensive art collection with mostly works of British origin, among other amenities and services. The hotel’s recent $22 million restoration included the addition of the lobby Cocktail Bar and Spa at Windsor Court. For off-site events, Windsor Court offers CELEBRATE!, a premier custom New Orleans catering service. The hotel was purchased in October 2009 by an ownership team led by The Berger Company of New Orleans and the Dallas-based Crow Family Holdings. Windsor Court is a member of Preferred Hotels® and Resorts Legend Collection and is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection.