West Jeff Family Fest To Benefit WJ Cancer Center
MARRERO, LA – The 7th West Jeff Family Fest presented by Peoples Health, 2 fun-filled days of events to benefit patients at the Cancer Center at West Jefferson Medical Center, will kick off on Friday, October 14, 2016, at 5:00 p.m., at West Jefferson Medical Center, 920 Avenue B, in Marrero, LA, behind WJ Hospital.
The Festival is free and open to the public.
Proceeds from food, beverages, rides, etc. will benefit the Cancer Center at West Jefferson Medical Center which has the only radiation therapy available on the Westbank.
Attractions will include:
• Amusement Rides & Kid Zone
• Cruise Night – Friday, October 14, from 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
• Car & Bike Show – Saturday, October 15, from 12:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
• Kids’ Costume Contest, Trunk or Treat, Raffles and Door Prizes
• Performances by LA Kids and Friends of Culture Steel Pan Drum Band
• Food will be served by various vendors and beverages will be sold by the West Jefferson Hospital Foundation. Menu offerings will include seafood, festival food, sweets and more.
The live music schedule includes:
Friday, October 14 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Junior & Sumtin’ Sneaky 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Ryan Foret & the Foret Tradition 9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 15 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Austin Sicard & The Medics 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
MoJEAUX 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Aaron Foret 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The Topcats 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
There will be guest appearances by cancer survivors and Cancer Center medical staff to discuss how the festival helps patients.