Urban League Of Louisiana To Host Inaugural Women-In-Construction Convening Event
NEW ORLEANS – The Urban League of Louisiana will host its inaugural Women-In-Construction Convening (WICC): The Art and Science of Collaboration on Thursday, July 20. The event will take place at the New Orleans Jazz Market, 1436 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The event will conclude with a Women-In-Networking (WIN) Happy Hour from 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Urban League reps said the purpose of this event is to initiate discussions on the challenges, as well as the growth opportunities for women in the construction industry across the state of Louisiana. This convening seeks to influence participants by inspiring them to align and act in the best interest of all women in construction. Conversations will focus on jointly addressing issues and how attendees can better advocate for and collaborate with one another, reps said.
Topics and events will include:
• Women in Leadership: The State of WIC Panel
• Best Practices in Effective Employee Engagement
• Facilitating Effective and Meaningful Mentoring Relationship
• Keynote Speaker and Luncheon
• Understanding the Value of Partnering Agreements
• The Science of Collaboration: Protecting Your Interests and Managing Business Risks
• Women-In-Networking (WIN) Happy Hour
The cost per attendee is $65, which includes breakfast, lunch and snacks. Fees are non-refundable, but may be transferred if necessary. A cash bar will be offered at the WIN Happy Hour.