The University of New Orleans International Alumni Association
ABOUT UNO INTERNATIONAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The University of New Orleans International Alumni Association exists to support our State’s only urban public research University, its students and the value of each UNO diploma. Led by a volunteer board of directors, the non-profit Association seeks to inform, connect and engage former students and friends like you with the University. We offer meaningful and fun ways you can make a real difference for the future of UNO. Whether you’re interested in volunteering to support current students’ success, building positive UNO awareness, attending or planning events, professional networking, gaining leadership experience, partying with fellow Privateers or simply staying current on UNO news, the Alumni Association has something for you.
Our Signature Spring Fundraiser, the community-wide Crawfish Mambo: Cook-off & Music Festival, is now New Orleans’ largest competitive crawfish cook-off! Our 5th Annual Crawfish Mambo will feature up to 100 boiling teams cooking All-You-Can-Eat crawfish all-day. Taste them all while enjoying music by the New Breed Brass Band, Big Sam’s Funky Nation, Rockin’ Dopsie & The Zydeco Twisters, and the Bucktown All-Stars.
5th Annual Crawfish Mambo: Cook-off & Music Festival
• Saturday, May 7, 2016 | 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
• The Cove, UNO Lakefront Campus | Free Parking
• $20 in advance | $25 at gate | children under 7 free
• CrawfishMambo.com. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
• Enjoy all the benefits of membership in your Association when you sign up online for FREE at unoalumni.com
• A gift at any level helps UNO rankings by organizations like US News & World Report which incorporate Alumni Participation Rates in their calculations. Consider donating to the Association at unoalumni.com/alumni-association-giving or to any UNO fund.
• Show Your UNO Proud: Wear your UNO gear, get a UNO license plate or bumper sticker, hang your diploma in your office
• Keep us up-to-date on your current information so we can keep you updated about UNO’s! Update your Alumni Profile at unoalumni.com/update-my-profile
LEFT: Postlethwaite & Netterville’s team poses with their boil before going on to win the 2015 “Best of the Boil” Championship at New Orleans’ largest cook-off, Crawfish Mambo: Cook-Off & Music Festival. RIGHT: Past recipients of the UNO Distinguished Alumni Award pose with 2015 Alumnus of the Year, Roy Glapion, P.E. (BS ’87) at Celebrate UNO, the Alumni Association’s fall fundraiser honoring UNO leadership and impact on the region.
The University of New Orleans (UNO) International Alumni Association (Association) promotes the long-term welfare of the University, its students and alumni; fosters loyalty and support for the University; promotes fellowship among alumni and serves as the vehicle through which all university alumni, friends and community members can support UNO.
UNO International Alumni Association:
Homer L. Hitt Alumni & Visitors Center
2000 Lakeshore Drive