The Best Tuesday of the Year
#HappyTuesday campaign adds a Mardi Gras sweepstakes
Tuesdays do not have to be boring. The New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation (NOTMC) has proven that with its #HappyTuesday in NOLA tourism campaign. Now NOTMC is building on the campaign by offering a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime Mardi Gras experience with its new sweepstakes.
The “Ultimate Happy Tuesday Sweepstakes” doubles down on the momentum of the campaign that was launched in March and is already making a measurable impact on tourism in New Orleans. NOTMC said the results have been encouraging.
“New Orleans has so much to offer that it was time to promote mid-week travel,” said Mark Romig, president and CEO of NOTMC. “We are already seeing more visitors in the Sunday to Thursday timeframe so our Happy Tuesday campaign has proven to be successful for us. Then again, how can anyone not want to be in New Orleans all week long?”
The sweepstakes is a showstopper collection of New Orleans moments and frankly, I will be incredibly envious of whoever wins this thing. I’ll add it to my list of things to atone for on Ash Wednesday. The experience includes:
- Round-trip airfare up to $500 per person for two
- Three nights at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, check-in on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017
- Two costumes for the Krewe of Orpheus parade
- Two spots in the Krewe of Orpheus parade, including beads and throws
- Two tickets to the parade pre-party at Tipitina’s
- Two tickets to the Krewe of Orpheus ‘Orpheuscapade’ after-party
- Dinner for two at world-famous Arnaud’s restaurant
- Breakfast for two at Chef John Besh’s Silver Whistle Café
- Wig outfitting for Mardi Gras Day by Fifi Mahony’s
- Transportation between Louis Armstrong International Airport and the Sheraton Hotel
Seriously y’all, this is one incredible contest. The approximate retail value is $8250, and to quote a different advertising campaign, it will be priceless.
Some rules: You must be 21 years of age or older to enter, and a legal U.S. resident of one of the 48 contiguous states (sorry Hawaii and Alaska). The entry deadline is Dec. 20, 2016 at 3 p.m. central time, and the drawing will take place Dec. 21. Only one entry per person is allowed. There are lots of other rules online, although interestingly, none saying writers for Biz New Orleans are ineligible.
Of course, Happy Tuesdays in NOLA continue throughout the year and you can access great deals and insider information year-round on the website. Some midweek specials right now include discounts for Dat Dog, the New Orleans School of Cooking and GLO Airlines.
Go enter that sweepstakes, and I’ll see you on the parade route!