Textron Job Fair: 250 Jobs In New Orleans, Slidell
NEW ORLEANS – On Saturday, May 9, 2015, Textron Systems will hold a marine and land systems job fair at Textron's shipyard, 19401 Chef Menteur Highway from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
As Textron Systems moves into the manufacturing phase on several armored vehicle and marine craft programs, the company is in the process of filling up to 250 skilled craft and production-related positions with benefits at Textron Systems' Slidell and New Orleans facilities.
These workers are being hired through September of this year; between 30 and 50 positions per month during this time period.
At this one-day Job Fair, participants will have the opportunity to apply and interview for a number of production-related and skilled craft positions. Welders and shipfitters also will take a welding test.
Successful applicants will receive an offer for employment, pending a successful background check, drug test and Physical Abilities Test (PAT) and qualified applicants will be offered employment opportunities on site.
Applicants should bring:
• Multiple copies of their resume and identification/ drivers license
• Welders and shipfitters should bring personal equipment such as shield, protective clothing, gloves and any other tools used in the welding process
• Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin the application process online at textronsystems.com/job-search (search Louisiana-based jobs).
• Attendance at the job fair is also required. (Process will be expedited if individuals are able to apply online prior to the job fair).
• Applicants will have the opportunity to apply on-site.
Jobs currently available include:
• Material Handlers
• Tubing Mechanics
• Truck driver – CDL Class A