Ten Startups Shine During Idea Village’s Demo Day
NEW ORLEANS – During The Idea Village’s annual IDEAx Accelerator Program, ten startups receive the training and guidance they need to grow their business.
Over the course of four-months, the program organizers pair the entrepreneurs with an advisory board and technical experts, provide them with a peer network of company execs who are solving solutions for similar problems, offer financial advice, and ultimately help them with their fundraising efforts.
For the program’s grand finale – Demo Day – each entrepreneur showcased their nascent business by condensing the information into a four-minute pitch, an presenting it to an audience of investors, stakeholders, mentors and the general public. The event took place on Monday, April 29, in the House of Blues Parish Room on Decatur Street.
“These are not necessarily investor pitches,” said Jon Atkinson, the chief executive officer of The Idea Village, explaining that a presenter gets the chance to essentially say: “This is what my company is; this is what our product is; and this is what you can do to help my company as it moves forward."
The participants began the annual IDEAx Accelerator Program with a product and a team already in place. Atkinson says the current group has collectively raised over five million dollars in outside capital and has created 38 jobs. Three of the ten companies are spin-offs of successful New Orleans based startups, which to Atkinson is “the hallmark of the growing maturity of our ecosystem.”
Demo Day is the entrepreneurs’ introduction into the community.
“They've been working behind the scenes to build the businesses,” said Atkinson. “We’re hopeful that this will be the coming out point for them to really launch into something that is big and meaningful for New Orleans.”
Learn more about this year’s IDEAx Accelerator Program participants, here:
• 3D Media designs, develops, and implements virtual reality training simulators for oil and gas, power generation, and the petro-chemical industry.
• DigCargo (Digital Cargo Management) is revolutionizing freight logistics through its digital collaborative platform by driving efficiency and visibility which fuels freight logistics providers ability to grow, manage uncertainty, and better serve their clients.
• Don’t get Mad Get Paid is changing the way single parents collect child support money by locating parents who are evading orders, and their employment and assets, to generate necessary legal documents to in turn seize the assets.
• RentCheck provides security and serenity to renters and landlords alike with a standardized process ensuring lasting financial benefit.
• OrthoBistro's flagship product, the OMSAD Scanner, is a fully autonomous, non-invasive physical exam station that allows clinicians, physical therapists, and patients the ability to collect, analyze and reproduce patient data while improving the standard of care and optimizing clinical work flow.
• SAMPLECHAIN is a technology company in the market research (MR) space that helps enhance data quality and efficiency.
• Stilio is a platform network that connects Realtors with vetted, professional real estate photographers.
• TrayAway enhances the hotel guest experience and ensures beautiful hotel hallways are never cluttered with dirty room service trays.
• VPT is creating drones for ultrasonic inspection in the oil and gas industry.
• ARIX Technologies is creating an external pipe crawling robot and data visualization system to help oil & gas companies more safely and efficiently inspect above-ground pipes.