STAIR New Orleans Announces Six New Board of Director Members
NEW ORLEANS – Start The Adventure In Reading (STAIR) New Orleans’ Board of Directors is comprised of a cross-section of our professional community with a passion for increasing literacy among under-performing elementary school children in need. STAIR Board of Director members oversee the program and the long-term financial sustainability of the organization. Details were shared in a press release.
STAIR New Orleans announces six new volunteer Board of Directors members for our operational year beginning July 1:
- Rebecca Rogers Bravender: Rebecca Bravender’s Human Resources career at Hancock Whitney Bank inspires her to serve the community by working to improve literacy in the workforce through STAIR.
- David Grimes: David Grimes started in finance at Ochsner and has expertise developing budgets, managing department profitability, hiring and training employees and developing regulatory protocols. He holds a Lean Green Belt and has extensive experience in Lean process improvement.
- Samantha Hill: Samantha Hill brings her CPA experience at Entergy to the board and has also volunteered as a STAIR tutor while attending the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane.
- Lucas Hohnstein: Lucas Hohnstein has a corporate finance background with an extensive network and knowledge of the fundraising component, vital to STAIR as a nonprofit.
- Maggie Perrien: Maggie Perrien was also previously a STAIR tutor while pursuing her Masters in Accounting from Tulane. Her volunteer service in other segments of the New Orleans nonprofit landscape afford her a valuable perspective to share with the board.
- Pierce Young: Pierce Young’s hiring experience in the Human Resources field as well as her background in banking and web-based services has illuminated the importance of having a fully developed workforce in our community. Reinforced literacy through STAIR is a first step in filling this great need.
STAIR New Orleans Board 2019-2020 Officers Bart Dornier – President, 2018-2020
Tad Jones – Vice President
John Galbraith – Treasurer
Paula Henry Johnson – Secretary Carroll Bernard Feiling – Past President
STAIR New Orleans’ Board of Directors includes Nora B. Bilbro, Rebecca Rogers Bravender, Bart Dornier, Carroll Bernard Feiling, John Galbraith, David Grimes, Paula Henry Johnson, Samantha Hill, Lucas Hohnstein, Denise Holmes, Tad Jones, Maggie Perrien, Larry D. Odoms, Sandy Shilstone, R. Bruce Worley and