Spirit Airlines Adds More Nonstop Flights to New Orleans
MIRAMAR, Fla. – Beginning Thursday, Feb. 14, Spirit (NYSE: SAVE) began daily nonstop flights between Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) and Denver International Airport (DEN). On May 2, Spirit will begin nonstop seasonal service between NOLA and Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), so travelers can plan a summer getaway. Details were share in a press release.
“New Orleans’ popularity as a destination for both fun and business has contributed to Spirit’s growth here over the last five years,” said Mark Kopczak, Spirit’s vice president of network planning. “In 2014, Spirit flew to New Orleans from one city with one daily flight, and with this new service, Spirit is expanding to serve nearly 20 cities nonstop with an average of 17 flights per day.”
"Spirit has been an outstanding partner to MSY, and we are grateful to see them continuing to bring ultra-low fares to the New Orleans market,” said Kevin Dolliole, director of aviation for the New Orleans Aviation Board. "Spirit is our fastest growing airline, and with this week’s announcement of 3 new flights, they will now serve 19 nonstop destinations from MSY.”
- New Orleans (MSY) to/from Starts: Frequency:
- Denver, CO (DEN) February 14, 2019 Daily, year-round
- Austin, TX (AUS) February 14, 2019 Daily, year-round
- Philadelphia, PA (PHL) May 2, 2019 4x weekly, seasonal
- Spirit operates nonstop flights to New Orleans from 19 cities, including Atlanta, Austin (starting February 14, 2019), Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver (starting February 14, 2019), Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Newark, Orlando, Philadelphia (starting May 2, 2019) and Tampa.