Southern Eye Bank Welcomes New Board Of Trustees For 2016-2017 Term
METAIRIE, LA – Southern Eye Bank has recently elected Board members for the 2016- 2017 term.
Newly elected members to the Executive Committee include:
• New Board President: Gerard Plauché, a financial advisor and the Managing Partner at Delta Financial Advisors.
• New Vice-President: Dr. Peter Kastl, a professor of ophthalmology and adjunct professor of biochemistry at Tulane.
• New Secretary: Charles Seemann, III, an attorney and a Principal in the New Orleans office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
• New Treasurer: Robert Mora, an accountant and the Managing Partner at Pedelahore & Co. LLP.
• Immediate Past President: Olivier C. Dabezies, the Senior VP of Commercial Banking at FirstNBC Bank.
• Co-Medical Director: Dr. Clifford Hendricks, III, an ophthalmologist at the Ambulatory Eye Surgery Center of Louisiana.
• Co-Medical Director: Dr. Pulin Shah, an ophthalmologist and the Medical Director at Ochsner Baptist LASER Vision Center.
“All of our newest board members embody the spirit of community and bring expertise, innovative ideas and energy to the table,” William B. Buras, Sr., Executive Director of Southern Eye Bank, said. “We are ecstatic to have them on our team as we continue to strengthen community across Louisiana.”
Southern Eye Bank, located in New Orleans, is a 501(c) 3, non-profit eye bank that provides eye tissue for transplant, research and education in Louisiana, the United States and throughout the world. Founded in 1947, Southern Eye Bank is the third oldest eye bank in the United States and is a fully accredited charter member of the Eye Bank Association of America. In addition to community service and donor awareness projects, Southern Eye Bank has assisted more than 40,000 people with receiving the Gift of Sight.