Rentcafe Report: Rent in Louisiana Below Average, a nationwide listing of apartments and houses for rent, released its October report which shows that rent in Louisiana’s largest cities is below the national average of $1,476 per month. Among the cities analyzed, 65% have average rents below the national average, while the remaining 35% are above.

Details about south Louisiana:

  • The average rent in New Orleans increased 7% this year (the highest in its state) to reach $1,185.
  • Baton Rouge apartments saw a $3 net drop since October last year; average rent is $1,017.
  • After a $4 monthly gain, the average prices in Metairie hit $954.
  • Rents in Lafayette flatlined over the month. Renters there are still paying an average of $883 for an apartment.
Categories: Real Estate, Today’s Business News