Registration, Sponsorship Deadline For Propeller Club’s Maritime Person Of The Year Celebration Is Friday
NEW ORLEANS – The Propeller Club of the U.S. Port of New Orleans’ 83rd Annual Maritime Person of the Year Gala, honoring Founder & Director of Turn Services Frank Morton, Sr., will take place on Friday, October 7, 2016, at the New Orleans Downtown Marriott’s Blaine Kern Ballroom, 859 Convention Center Blvd.
There will be a cocktail reception at 7:00 p.m. followed by an 8:00 p.m. dinner.
Register or become a sponsor by Friday, September 30, here.
Turn Services, LLC is a barge towing, shifting, fleeting, cleaning, repair, barge inspection and launch vessel company that operates in eight locations on the Lower Mississippi River below New Roads, Louisiana, the largest (tonnage) port complex in the world, and employs more than 400 people.
Morton, a UNO graduate, is also a member of several professional societies including:
• American Waterways Operators (AWO): National Chairman (2014/2015), Leadership Council (2012-2016), Executive Committee (2010-2016), National Board of Directors (2006-2016), Past National Vice-Chairman, Past Southern Region Chairman, Past Southern Region Vice-Chairman and Past Southern Region Director; Member since 2005 Waterways Council, Inc. (WCI); Member since 2006
• Great New Orleans Barge Fleeting Association; Member since 1980
• Gulf Intracoastal Canal Association; Chairman-Nominating Committee (2nd term), Member since 2009
• Port Safety Council; Member since 2005
• Maritime Navigation Safety Association; Member since 2004
• Louisiana Association of Waterways and Shipyards; Nominating Committee, Member since 2006
• Propeller Club of the United States; Port of New Orleans Maritime Person of the Year 2016, Member since 1972
Morton has also served on governmental committees including:
• Lower Mississippi River Safety Advisor Committee (Passenger Vessel Industry Representative); Appointed 2009, Reappointed 2011 & 2013 (DHS/USCG).
Cocktail attire is requested.
There will be $10 discounted valet parking.