Registration Opens for Construction Institute
BATON ROUGE — Registration is open now for a course in Louisiana’s nationally recognized training institute for construction professionals. The six-week Business and Law Seminar of the Louisiana Contractors Accreditation Institute will be offered through community and technical colleges across the state.
LCAI classes will take place Oct. 5 through Nov. 11 in twice-weekly sessions from 6 to 8 p.m. Each Monday and Wednesday, instruction will occur in socially distanced classrooms or online. Registration is underway and will continue through Oct. 2. To register, visit OpportunityLouisiana.com/LCAI-BL and click the “Register Now” button.
LCAI is a training institute for meeting the needs of today’s construction industry. LCAI partners include Louisiana Economic Development, the Louisiana Community and Technical College System and the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors. In 2017, the National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies awarded the Louisiana program with a national Innovation in Regulation Award. Since the program’s launch in 2016, more than 1,000 participants have graduated from LCAI contractor seminars.
The Business and Law Seminar is one of three LCAI programs and is designed for small and emerging construction businesses. Topics to be covered include the bid process; contract management; estimating; equipment management; scheduling; occupational safety; risk management; financial and business management; bonding and access to capital; certifications and available resources; and entrepreneurship training.
All information will focus on construction management and operating a construction-related business. A $200 fee covers the cost of the course and materials.
LCAI sessions will be offered online only for SOWELA Technical Community College, Bossier Parish Community College and South Louisiana Community College enrollees. Students may attend in-person classes for interactive instruction at the other locations below:
- Louisiana Delta Community College, Monroe campus.
- River Parishes Community College, Gonzales campus.
- Delgado Community College, New Orleans City Park campus.
- Fletcher Technical Community College, Schriever campus.
- Central Louisiana Technical Community College, Alexandria campus.
- Northshore Technical Community College, Lacombe campus.
- Baton Rouge Community College, Ardendale campus.
- Northwest Louisiana Technical Community College, Shreveport campus.
- Nunez Community College, Chalmette.
- SOWELA Technical Community College (online only).
- Bossier Parish Community College (online only).
- South Louisiana Community College (online only).
For more information, contact Camille Campbell at 225.342.5534 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Marlene Chauvin at 985.448.5915 or email@example.com.