Registration For RES/CON NEW ORLEANS 2016 Now Open
NEW ORLEANS – Greater New Orleans, Inc. has announced the preliminary lineup for RES/CON NEW ORLEANS 2016, which it will host in partnership with the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, from March 1-3, 2016, at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
Registration is currently open.
RES/CON is considered the premier annual international conference on the practice of successful resiliency and disaster management in an evolving global environment. This is a rebranding of the International Disaster Conference and Expo (IDCE) that has brought over 800 registrants to New Orleans annually since 2012.
Organizers said this 3-day conference will bring a previously unseen mix of disaster and resilience practitioners to explore profound and powerful topics that impact communities and economies worldwide. RES/CON will offer programming that touches on a wide range of topics: emergency management, coastal restoration and water management, technology, homeland security, first response, vulnerable communities, and all aspects of resilience and disaster management.
“RES/CON will provide a new and unmatched platform for international experts to share leading ideas, demonstrate best practices, collaborate on projects, and generally educate each other on building stronger communities,” said Michael Hecht, President and CEO of Greater New Orleans, Inc. “Located in New Orleans, RES/CON will also feature lessons learned and the resiliency practices of a region that continues a historical rebound from major natural and man-made challenges.”
More than 20 speaker forums led by a diversity of disaster and resilience experts and practitioners from a range of sectors will be offered including:
• Strategic Community Resilience and Using a Framework to Improve Preparedness and Enhance Resiliency, as led by Rodric Bowman of New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness
• The Evolution of Business Practices Post-disasters and How Businesses Are Pivoting to National and Global Market Opportunities Relating to Resilience and Redevelopment, as led by Robin Barnes of Greater New Orleans, Inc.
• Making Long-term Health Improvements During Disaster Recovery, as led by Linda Usdin and The Institute of Medicine – The National Academies
• Application of the Disaster Resilience Scorecard in Europe, Asia, and the United States, as led by Dale Sands of AECOM
• 3D printers and Drones in Humanitarian Disaster Response, with real stories from Nepal and Haiti, as led by Dara Dotz of Field Ready
In addition, RES/CON will feature major Plenary Sessions with internationally recognized leaders and policy makers, networking events and mixers, and two days of dedicated exhibition time presenting over 100 companies displaying the latest innovative services and products.
RES/CON attendees will represent the multiple sectors involved with resilience and disaster management:
• Practitioners, including government agency staff, consultants, NGOs
• Private industry, including firms of all sizes that hold or hope to hold disaster and resilience contracts for emergency response, recovery, rebuilding, water management, coastal restoration
• Policymakers, including agency leads, elected officials
• Trade associations, coalitions, advocates
• Educational institutions and students
• Public and private sector resiliency officers
RES/CON offers a variety of ways to participate in the event and network with attendees from multiple sectors, cities and countries:
• Register now to attend RES/CON on March 1-3, 2016
• Purchase an expo booth to market your services or products to 800 conference participants
• Consider becoming a partner through customized sponsorship of RES/CON NEW ORLEANS