Registration For Emerge Summit Still Open
NEW ORLEANS – Registration for the inaugural Emerge Summit, scheduled for Friday, July 14, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:40 p.m. at the Ace Hotel New Orleans, 600 Carondelet St., is underway.
Emerge Summit is a daylong conference for young professionals featuring an impressive line-up of speakers and a series of educational and thought-provoking sessions. The keynote speaker is New York Times’ bestselling author and Covington, Louisiana native Kelly Williams Brown, author of “Adulting” and “Gracious.”
Speakers will discuss a variety of subject matters, including building and leading teams in the workplace, how millennials can distinguish themselves in the job market, communicating with seasoned professionals and positioning yourself for a promotion, how to align your career with your passion and how to inspire others through authenticity and trust.
More information on panels and speakers can be found here
More than 250 young professionals are expected to attend. Young professionals interested in attending can register here.
Registration costs $30, or $25 when purchased together with The Millennials Awards.
• Master of Ceremonies: Charles Divins, anchor, WDSU News
• Kelly Williams Brown, New York Times best selling author
• Autumn Campbell, financial planning resident, Upperline Financial Planning
• Kirk Coco, CEO, NOLA Brewing Company
• Zachary Engel, Chef de cuisine, Shaya
• Tommy Faucheux, SE U.S. State Government Affairs leader, The Dow Chemical Company
• Melissa Gibbs, business development and SBE/ DBE outreach, Gibbs Construction
• Michael Hecht, CEO, Greater New Orleans, Inc.
• Quinnie Jenkins, regional leader of community affairs and grassroots, Southwest Airlines
• Kevin Lin, COO, Twitch
• Jennifer Medbery, founder, Kickboard
• Crystal McDonald, founder and CEO, Acrew
• Brandan “BMike” Odums, visual artist and filmmaker
• Desiree Ontiveros, founder, Badass Balloon, Co.
• Kristen Preau Moore, owner, Jambalaya Girl
• Christian Rhodes, attorney, Roedel Parsons
• Amanda Shaw, musician and actor
• Dr. Rob Wilton, lead pastor, Vintage Church
• Jaime Wright, co-chair, Emerging Philanthropists of New Orleans
On Saturday, July 15, at the Civic Theater, 510 O'Keefe Ave., The Millennials Awards will celebrate its fifth year honoring dynamic young professionals – in 18 award categories – who contribute to the community through public service, make significant strides in business sectors or serve as cultural ambassadors. Awards finalists were selected by a panel of judges from over 200 submissions.
Information on the 2017 finalists can be found here
The awards ceremony will be hosted by WWL-TV anchor Thanh Truong and Urban League of Louisiana president and CEO Erika McConduit, followed by a live performance by New Orleans’ own DJ Soul Sister, the award-winning “queen of rare groove.”
Young professionals interested in attending can register here
Registration costs $30 or $25 when purchased together with Emerge Summit.