Providence Community Housing, Columbia Residential To Host New Mixed-Income Community Groundbreaking Ceremony
NEW ORLEANS – Providence Community Housing and Columbia Residential will celebrate the groundbreaking of Sacred Heart at St. Bernard, a new mixed-income, multifamily community that is a redevelopment of the former Sacred Heart Church in the 7th Ward of New Orleans, on Wednesday, Feb. 8, at 1720 St. Bernard Ave., at 11:00 a.m.
Featured speakers will include:
• Terri North, Providence Community Housing
• Jim Grauley, Columbia Residential
• Mitch Landrieu, Mayor, City of New Orleans
• Jared Brossett, New Orleans City Council, District D
• E. Keith Cunningham, Jr., Louisiana Housing Corporation
• Karen DeBlieux, Capital One Bank
• Aron Weisner, Enterprise Community Investment
Located within the Faubourg Lafitte and Choice Neighborhood footprints, the former Sacred Heart Church will be renovated into six rental units. Additionally, a new four-story building will be constructed and will contain 47 residential rental units, laundry facilities, a fitness center, a small public community room and approximately 4,200 square feet of retail space on the ground floor.
In total, the community will provide 53 one- and two-bedroom apartments, totaling more than 65,000 square feet; 44 units will be reserved for residents making below 60 percent of the Area Median Income and nine will be market rate.