Organizers Promote ‘Beignet Fest in Place’
NEW ORLEANS – Beignet Fest is teaming up with food vendors that were slated to participate at this year’s festival to showcase a wide variety of beignet dishes. The food will be available to purchase at vendor locations across the city as an alternative to the annual festival, which was cancelled due to the COVID-19 surge in the community.
Organizers of Beignet Fest are asking would-be festival goers to ‘fest in place’ on Saturday, Sept. 25 in addition to donating what they would have paid for an admission ticket to the Tres Doux Foundation, the festival’s charitable arm. Participating food vendors include:
- The Vintage New Orleans (3121 Magazine St.) serving Matcha Beignets, Cinnamon Beignet Bites and Crawfish Beignet Bites
- The Vintage Baton Rouge (333 Laurel St., Baton Rouge) serving Matcha Beignets, Cinnamon Beignet Bites and Crawfish Beignet Bites
- Loretta’s Authentic Pralines (1100 N Peters, Stall #9 in the French Market) serving Traditional Beignets, Praline Beignets, Chocolate Beignets, Crawfish Beignets, Burger Beignet and PB&J Beignet
- Ruby Slipper Café (200 Magazine St., 204 Decatur St., 2001 Burgundy St., 2802 Magazine St., 315 S Broad St., 2700 Metairie Rd.) serving Cochon Beignets and Pumpkin Praline Beignets
- Howlin’ Wolf Den (907 S Peters St.) serving Bacon Cheddar Beignets with Chipotle Crema
- Luca Eats (7329 Cohn St.) serving Oreo Beignets
Visit beignetfest.com for more information.