NOMAR, CID, LA Chapter Of CCIM, Loyola University To Present 6th Annual Economic And Real Estate Forecast Symposium
NEW ORLEANS – New Orleans Metropolitan Association of REALTORS® (NOMAR), Commercial Investment Division of the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of REALTORS® (CID), Louisiana Chapter of CCIM and Loyola University will host the 6th Annual Economic and Real Estate Forecast Symposium on Tuesday, October 11, 2016, from 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., followed by a Biz New Orleans reception from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Loyola University’s Roussel Hall.
This year’s theme is “Moving Forward, Engines For Growth.”
The 6th Annual Economic and Real Estate Forecast Symposium is the most prestigious economic and real estate conference in Louisiana, organizers said, with several hundred attendees annually. It is a professional, high-powered event that continues to attract large audiences because of the quality and reputation of the speakers, they said.
The symposium features important decision-makers and business minds in real estate, finance, government and academia, who will examine how the political and economic environment will impact real estate and business today, and share their expert views on what lies ahead, providing the information and the perspective needed to have the competitive edge to prosper in our changing times, organizers said.
Featured guest speakers include:
• Adrienne Slack, Vice President and Regional Director, New Orleans Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
• Jessica Dill, Analyst, Center for Real Estate Analytics, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
• Frank Nothaft, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist of CoreLogic
• Don Briggs, President of Louisiana Oil & Gas Association
• Joe Exnicios, President of Whitney Bank
• Iftikhar Ahmad, Director of Aviation, Louis Armstrong International Airport
• Saul Newsome, Breazeale, Sachse and Wilson
• Jon Atkinson, Director, Loyola University Center for Entrepreneurship and Community Development
• Tom Leonhard, Chief Executive Officer of Historic Restoration Inc.
• Lenny Wormser, Senior Managing Director, Hospitality Division, NAI Latter and Blum
• Rick Haase, President of Latter and Blum Companies
• Dr. Wade Ragas, PhD, MAI, Real Property Associates
The symposium will present panel discussions on a variety of topics including:
• Which Way are the National/ Global Winds Blowing?:Economic Forecast U.S. Region and New Orleans
• Oil and Gas, Fuel For Growth?: Economic Engines Of Oil and Gas/ Petrochemicals
• Tourism and Economic Development
• Loyola Entrepreneurship Program
• If they Build Hotels, Will They Come?
• Rubbing the Residential Crystal Ball: Market Peak or New Baseline?
• Single Family Housing Listings vs. Sales and Market Rents
• Condominiums, New Construction and Multi-Family Trends
One of the highlights of the conference will be the Tuesday evening Biz New Orleans networking reception where several hundred professionals and experts in real estate, finance, government and academia, will socialize and enjoy New Orleans inspired cocktails and cuisine, organizers said.
This year’s sponsors are: Title Sponsor, Fidelity Bank, NOLA Lending Group, and Homestead Title; Reception Sponsor, Gulf Coast Bank & Trust; Elite Sponsors, Crescent Title, LLC, NAI Latter & Blum; Grand Sponsor, Bayou Title, LLC; Grand Broker Sponsors, The Stevens Realty Group, Inc., KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY 4550100, Corporate Realty, Coldwell Banker Commercial TEC REALTORS®; Exhibitors, Ericksen Krentel & LaPorte LLP, Bart’s Office Inc., Delta Title Corp, NANO; Corporate Sponsors, Merrill Lynch, RE/MAX Real Estate Partners, Baldwin Haspel Burke & Mayer LLC, Metairie Bank and Trust, Real Estate Consortium, STEAMBOAT NATCHEZ, Johnny’s Po-Boys; Louisiana REALTORS®.