NOLA Public Schools Releases OneApp Results
NEW ORLEANS – (March 31, 2020) – From NOLA Public Schools:
Today, NOLA Public Schools released K-12 OneApp placement results for the 2020-2021 school year. Families can log-in and review those placement results by visiting: http://oneapp.force.com. Early Childhood results are expected in May.
The OneApp is the centralized school enrollment application process for Orleans Parish public schools. OneApp provides students and families with the opportunity to apply to schools citywide, based on their child’s unique needs and interests.
The results released today to families reflect the following highlights:
- Of the 11,314 applications for new placement submitted for grades K-12,
75 percent of applicants were assigned to a preferred school and 70 percent
of applicants were assigned to one of their top three choices.
- Among students in entry or transitional grades, kindergarten and ninth grade,
82 percent were matched to one of their top three choices and 87 percent were matched overall.
- Siblings seeking to attend school next year were able to match with a sibling at a rate of 96 percent.
“OneApp’s effectiveness is one of my biggest focuses and I am proud of some of the changes made this year, such as releasing results sooner so families can be better prepared, and have another opportunity to apply in the second round,” said NOLA-PS Superintendent Dr. Henderson Lewis, Jr. “I know we have a long way to go. I remain committed to working towards providing options within our district that meet the needs and interests of all of our students and families.”
NOLA-PS has prioritized making enhancements to the common enrollment process and has consistently worked to improve the experience of families with OneApp. Specific improvements have been:
- ensuring that the latest school letter grades and renewal decisions were updated before OneApp opened;
- enacting additional Geographic Priorities for families within a half mile of a school;
- improving the application’s technology to show families which schools they receive they may receive Geographic Priority to;
- improving functionality of the system for families needing translation support or entering multiple applications;
- adjusting the OneApp timeline to help families have their results earlier in the year;
- and taking steps to improve the likelihood of siblings being re-united at the same school.
Families Still Seeking School Placement
K-12 families still seeking a new school for next year may participate in the second round of OneApp, which opens Monday, April 6, 2020 and closes Wednesday, May 6, 2020. As always, the application process is online-only and available at www.EnrollNOLA.org. Families are strongly encouraged to apply to schools with remaining availability in their child’s grade. Projected availability will also be available at www.EnrollNOLA.org prior to Round 2 opening.
Families may access their application results by logging into their OneApp Parent Portal account at oneapp.force.com. If families need help accessing their OneApp results, they may call a Family Resource Center (FRC) or contact the Enrollment Team at (877) 343-4773 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to understand how OneApp works? For further information explaining the OneApp process, watch this video.