New Restaurants, Retail Coming to South Market
- Sotre Collection, opened in August in The Beacon, is a boutique offering furnishings, interior design, custom linens, accessories and gifts. Its original location is on Magazine Street.
- District Donuts Sliders and Brew will open its fifth location in Louisiana in the fall at The Paramount. District specializes in donuts, breakfast sandwiches, sliders, and coffee.
- Tava Indian Street Food will open at The Paramount. Formerly located at Auction House Market, the restaurant reimagines classic Indian dishes. Owner and Chef Manish Patel’s menu includes savory lamb and shrimp plates with flavorful spices and bold sauces.
- In the spring of 2022, Dr. Colby Terry will introduce Terry Dental Aesthetics at The Standard. It is a concierge dental practice that provides an array of traditional dental services while also offering aesthetic facial injectables and fillers.
- Otra Vez, a popular South Market staple, will be safely reopening its doors to the public in October. The Mexican restaurant is led by chef and author Akhtar Nawab.
The South Market District is a burgeoning five-block area in downtown New Orleans that combines luxury apartments with retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues. It includes 1,000 luxury apartments and condominiums, 200,000 square feet of retail space and 1,300 garage parking spaces. Visit www.southmarketdistrict.com to learn more.