New Orleans Steamboat Company’s Thomas Awarded Silver Plume
NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans Steamboat Company’s Adrienne Thomas won a Silver Plume Award for Sales & Marketing Person of the Year.
The WHERE New Orleans magazine’s 2016 Silver Plume Awards ceremony was held on Tuesday, August 9, 2016, at the Ace Hotel.
Mark Romig, CEO of the New Orleans Tourism and Marketing Corporation, served as master of ceremonies at the magazine’s 25th annual awards ceremony.
Silver Plume Awards are given to local hotel industry professionals in North America and Europe for their contributions to the tourism industry.
• Concierge of the Year: Melissa Comardelle, Loews Hotel
• Rising Star Award: Joshua Carpenter, Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery
• Junior Concierge: Andrew Morgan, JW Marriott
• Spirit of Hospitality Award (tie): Randy Stein, Mr. B’s Bistro, and Kevin Belton, New Orleans School of Cooking
• Unsung Hero Award: Bill Smith, Westin Canal Place
• Sales & Marketing Person of the Year: Adrienne Thomas, New Orleans Steamboat Company
• General Manager of the Year: Amy Reimer, International House
• General Manager Lifetime Achievement Award: Steve Ferran, Maison Dupuy Hotel
• Julius Craane Award: Noel Minturn, Windsor Court Hotel
The New Orleans Steamboat Company is the parent company for a number of New Orleans businesses and tourist spots including the Steamboat Natchez, Gray Line New Orleans, Café Beignet and the Visit New Orleans event planning company.