New Orleans Oyster Festival: Dine Out Tuesday Fundraiser
NEW ORLEANS – On Tuesday, March 22, 2016, French Quarter restaurants have committed 10% of total sales to the New Orleans Oyster Festival’s Dine Out Night to support the Festival and the causes/ efforts it funds throughout the year.
The Annual New Orleans Oyster Festival, that takes place on Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5, celebrates the local delicacy and integral part of the unique culinary culture of Louisiana.
The Festival works annually to educate the country about the benefits of the Louisiana Gulf Oyster, honor and celebrate the restaurants and oyster farmers who have solidified the New Orleans French Quarter’s position as the “Oyster Capital of America” and help raise funds for coastal restoration.
The Festival will once again feature more than 20 restaurants serving oyster dishes, the best of local music and oyster competitions including the Acme Oyster House® World Oyster Eating Championship, the P&J Oyster Shucking Competition and the New Orleans Fish House Largest Oyster Contest.
Dinner hours vary at all participating Dine Out Night restaurants including:
• Acme Oyster House, 724 Iberville St.
• Bourbon House, 144 Bourbon St.
• Café Hope, 1101 Barataria Blvd., Marrero
• Creole House Restaurant & Oyster Bar, 509 Canal St.
• Desire Oyster Bar, 300 Bourbon St.
• Le Bayou, 208 Bourbon St.
• Red Fish Grill, 115 Bourbon St.
• Royal House Oyster Bar, 441 Royal St.