Morgan Stanley Vice Chairman Carla Harris To Speak At Executive Women’s Day During The 2015 Zurich Classic
NEW ORLEANS As many of the world’s top PGA TOUR professionals prepare to showcase their skills at the 2015 Zurich Classic of New Orleans, Carla Harris will inspire female business leaders as the keynote speaker at the second annual PGA TOUR Executive Women’s Day sponsored by Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
This popular business forum will bring together influential women from the New Orleans area to participate in an engaging daylong event focused on professional development, networking and health and wellness. Executive Women’s Day will be held at TPC Louisiana (11001 Lapalco Blvd., Avondale), the host course of The Zurich Classic of New Orleans, on Monday, April 20, 2015.
More than 100 businesswomen are expected to attend the event, which includes presentations and panel discussions, networking sessions and a behind-the-scenes tournament tour.
Featured participants include:
• Carla Harris, Vice Chairman, Global Wealth Management, Managing Director and Senior Client Advisor at Morgan Stanley and Executive Women’s Day Keynote Speaker
• Jennifer Hale, Anchor/ Reporter, WVUE FOX 8 and Reporter, FOX Sports and Executive Women’s Day Moderator
• Dalynn Hoch, Chief Financial Officer, Zurich North America and Executive Women’s Day Panelist
• Yvette Pacaccio, Senior Vice President & Group Sales Executive, Capital One Bank and Executive Women’s Day Panelist
• Mary Perrin, Chief Executive Officer, Children’s Hospital of New Orleans and Executive Women’s Day Panelist
The Executive Women’s Day agenda includes:
9:30 a.m. Registration and networking
10:30 a.m. Panel session
12:00 p.m. Lunch
12:45 p.m. Keynote speech
2:00 p.m. Reception and behind-the-scenes tour
Harris is a Vice Chairman, Global Wealth Management, Managing Director and Senior Client Advisor at Morgan Stanley. She is responsible for increasing client connectivity and penetration to enhance revenue generation across the firm. In August 2013, Harris was appointed by President Barack Obama to chair the National Women’s Business Council. Harris was recently named to Fortune Magazine’s list of The 50 Most Powerful Black Executives in Corporate America.
“Success is intentional, it doesn't happen by accident,” Harris said. “You have to be intentional about your performance, intentional about your relationships and intentional about your choices. You have to intentionally strategize if you want to win.”
Executive Women’s Day is part of the PGA TOUR’s Women’s Initiative and is designed to engage women in PGA TOUR tournament markets by creating a day of corporate dialogue and networking opportunities. This year, the TOUR and Astellas will support 23 Executive Women’s Day events in cities across the country, including the New Orleans area.
“We are pleased to partner with Astellas on a valuable opportunity to inspire and inform women to make connections, build relationships and keep their personal health up to par,” Donna Fiedorowicz, PGA TOUR senior vice president of Tournament Activation and Outreach, said. “We also are thrilled to see the success of Executive Women’s Day as a powerful way to engage the growing female PGA TOUR fan base with information that helps them stay strong, healthy and connected through discussion of health and well-being as well as broader professional development opportunities.”
“As a pharmaceutical company with an intense focus on cardiology, infectious disease, oncology, transplant and urology, Astellas is dedicated to improving the health of patients worldwide,” Gary Kaiser, director of Marketing for Astellas Pharma US, Inc., said. “Our support of Executive Women’s Day events brings much needed awareness and assistance to female employees who may face challenges in prioritizing their health and well-being.”
Other tournament programming sponsored by Astellas includes:
• Putt for Charity Challenge at the tournament’s Fan Fest (18th fairway) where people can test their skill. Each person will have three opportunities to putt and win prizes, and Astellas will donate $1 toward the designated tournament charity for each participant, up to $5,000.
• PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge, which was created to recognize and show appreciation to more than 100,000 tournament volunteers annually who dedicate their time, passion and energy to help tournaments raise funds for local charities. At the conclusion of the Volunteer Challenge, one volunteer will be honored for his/ her dedication and have the opportunity to present a check for $10,000 in his/ her name to the Fore!Kids Foundation.