Mizado, Semolina, Zea To Celebrate ‘Pork Of July’ With Hogs For The Cause Fundraiser
NEW ORLEANS – Local Taste Buds Management restaurants Mizado, Semolina and Zea are raising awareness and funds for pediatric brain cancer care by celebrating Pork of July, a fundraiser benefiting Hogs for the Cause.
A portion of proceeds from “Pork of July” menu items will be donated to Hogs For The Cause, the premier funding source for pediatric brain cancer outreach services in the United States. After raising nearly $7,000 in 2015, the restaurants are looking to up the ante with special menu offerings and donation options within each venue.
Guests will also have the chance to win a $250 gift card when they drop their registration slip in piggy banks displayed at all restaurant locations.
“We are excited to extend the reach of Pork of July and increase our support of Hogs for the Cause for the second year in a row,” said Greg Reggio, chef and co-creator of Mizado, Semolina and Zea. “Pork of July allows our guests to both enjoy unexpected new dishes while supporting an incredibly worthy cause. We couldn’t think of a better way to support children in need than by piggybacking – pun intended – on the success of Pork of July in 2015. This limited time event allows our guests to come together over exclusive dishes and a very important cause.”
A portion of proceeds from the following special menu items will benefit the nonprofit:
Mizado Cocina, 5080 Pontchartrain Blvd.
• Chorizo and Crispy Potato Tacos, made with smoked pork belly, chorizo and fried potatoes in a warm corn tortilla shell, garnished with cilantro, onions and radishes
• Carnitas Tamale, a combination of pork belly and carnitas served over a masa cake and topped with crema, cilantro and crushed corn nuts.
Semolina, At Clearview Mall, 4436 Veterans Memorial Blvd.
• Cowboy Mac and Cheese, an updated Semolina classic, served in a standing wedge, stuffed with Serrano BBQ pulled pork and topped with a rich, creamy cheese sauce, shredded gouda and cilantro.
• BBQ Pork Pasta, comprised of pecan smoked pulled pork, slowly simmered in a sweet and smoky BBQ sauce with bell peppers and onions, topped with smoked Gouda and cilantro and served over penne pasta.
Zea Rotisserie & Grill, Multiple Locations
• Pork Quesadillas, made with smoked pulled pork, shredded cheddar cheese, and house-made chipotle mayo, layered between flour tortillas and served with house-made guacamole.
• BBQ Potato Chips, thick house-cut sea salted potato chips, drizzled with a white queso, topped with a pecan smoked, pulled pork and a charred jalapeño honey BBQ sauce and pickled red onion.
All restaurants will also offer pork inspired cocktails include Coopers’ Craft Bourbon & Bacon Bloody Mary and Coopers’ Craft Old Fashioned.