Mayor Landrieu To Launch BuildNOLA Mobilization Fund Pilot
NEW ORLEANS – Today, Mayor Mitch Landrieu joined City officials and philanthropic leaders to launch the BuildNOLA Mobilization Fund Pilot, at the intersection of North Broad and Aubry Streets, at 11:00 a.m.
Those scheduled to attend included:
• Rebecca Conwell, Senior Advisor for Economic Development
• Ashleigh Gardere, Senior Advisor for Economic Opportunity and Executive Director of the Network for Economic Opportunity
• Eileen Neely, Director of Capital Innovation, Living Cities Foundation
• Flozell Daniels, CEO, Foundation for Louisiana
• Vaughn Fauria, President, NewCorp Inc.
• Otis Tucker, Owner of Trucking Innovation and Graduate of Build NOLA Small Business Training Program
In September 2015, the City launched BuildNOLA, a training program to prepare local small and disadvantaged businesses to more effectively compete for public and private contracts. The program has expanded the City’s pool of competitive and qualified bidders to maximize contracting opportunities for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs). BuildNOLA is part of Mayor Landrieu’s Economic Opportunity Strategy – a comprehensive effort to connect disadvantaged job seekers and small businesses to real jobs and strategic opportunities by working to ensure every resident can take part in the city’s economic growth through partnerships with local training providers, social service agencies and community advocates.