Lugenbuhl Launches Business Immigration Division
NEW ORLEANS – Lugenbuhl, Wheaton, Peck, Rankin & Hubbard has added a new business immigration practice.
The division will provide comprehensive services for both domestic and foreign clients with legal matters such as business formation, compliancy, corporate governance and obtaining work visas for employees.
Lugenbuhl’s business immigration team also helps employers develop and implement in-house immigration policies and training programs, and represents clients in Department of Labor and Department of Homeland Security administrative proceedings.
Lugenbuhl reps say they represent clients in all phases of hiring and transfer of foreign nationals, including executives, managers, professionals, investors and skilled workers, to the U.S. They also represent individuals starting new businesses in the U.S. through subsidiaries or substantial monetary investments, as well as those individuals with extraordinary ability who are at the top of their field and therefore do not require corporate sponsorship. Their attorneys also provide guidance on immigration-related aspects of corporate restructuring, including mergers and acquisitions, as well as due diligence and compliance matters.
Lugenbuhl’s business immigration attorneys regularly counsel clients in navigating the complex areas of work authorization and assist employers in establishing foreign national workforce policies, training programs and corporate compliance strategies, such as I-9 compliance.
Their attorneys advise on U.S. immigration matters in a wide range of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa categories to ensure the effective international movement and relocation of employees and new hires to and between countries worldwide.
Their corporate immigration practice covers a wide spectrum of services including:
• Extraordinary and Exceptional Ability Individuals
• Multinational Managers and Executives
• Specialized Knowledge Individuals
• Skilled, Seasonal, and Other Workers
• Special Immigrants and Religious Workers
• Entrepreneurs and Investors
• Entertainers, Athletes and Artists
• Students and International Exchange Visitors
• Healthcare Professionals
• Corporate Compliance and Training
Lugenbuhl reps say their business immigration attorneys advise clients on long-term goals of their immigration matters while incorporating effects on business decisions, human resources, budgets, tax planning, family and estate planning, and the many other areas affected by their immigration needs.
Some of the areas in which they advise clients include:
• Strategic advice and counsel to clients preparing to conduct business in the U.S.
• Development of in-house immigration policies and program management
• Immigration policies globally and considerations of foreign assignment – Outbound Immigration
• Labor Condition Application, PERM, and H-2A/H-2B Compliance Audits
• Anti-Fraud and Visa Sponsorship File Audits
• Technology Compliance – Export Control and Licensing
• Immigration Due Diligence Compliance Review and Training
• Advise on effects of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, international and domestic tax issues, and implications of business transactions on immigration matters
Founded in 1986, Lugenbuhl, Wheaton, Peck, Rankin & Hubbard is a nationally recognized full-service law firm specializing in core practice areas including admiralty and marine, bankruptcy, insurance, litigation and real estate. The firm has evolved and expanded with offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Houston.