Louisiana Board Of Regents Swears In 2017 Board Members
BATON ROUGE – Newly appointed Louisiana Board of Regents Board Members were sworn in today, Monday, Jan. 9.
• Blake R. David, of Lafayette, is an attorney and founding partner of the Lafayette firm of Broussard & David, L.L.C. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College and a Juris Doctorate from the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center. David will serve as a representative of the 3rd Congressional District.
• Charles R. McDonald, Ed.D., of Sterlington, is the president and owner of CMAC & Associates and the co-owner of Freedom Mobility, LLC, and a former member of the Louisiana State House of Representatives. While a state representative, he authored the Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) scholarship bill and served on the Education Committee. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Northeast Louisiana College, a Master of Education degree from Northeast Louisiana University, and Doctor of Education degree from the University of Louisiana Monroe. McDonald will serve as a representative of the 5th Congressional District.
• Darren G. Mire, of New Orleans, is the director of valuation for the Orleans Parish Assessor's Office. Mire is a certified Louisiana Deputy Assessor and is a licensed real estate agent. He received a Bachelor of Science degree and a Master of Professional Studies degree from Tulane. Mire will serve as a representative of the 2nd Congressional District.
• W. Clinton "Bubba" Rasberry, Jr., of Shreveport, is the managing partner for Crestview Woods, LP, Rasberry Commercial Properties, LP, and Rasberry Mineral Lands, LLC. Rasberry received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Vanderbilt University and post-graduate studies and Louisiana State University Forestry School. He will serve as a representative of the 4th Congressional District.
• T. Jay Seale, III, of Hammond, is an attorney and founding partner of Seale & Ross, APLC. Seale received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Southeastern Louisiana University and a Juris Doctorate from the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center. Seale will serve as a representative of the 1st Congressional District.
• Jacqueline Vines Wyatt, of Prairieville, is the former senior vice president and regional manager for Cox Communications' Southeast Region. Wyatt received a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Redlands. She will serve as an at-large member on the board.