Junior League Announces Programming for Women’s Leadership Summit
NEW ORLEANS – The Junior League of New Orleans announced the programming and speakers for its inaugural Women’s Leadership Summit, a one-day training opportunity designed for all women interested in fostering their personal growth and professional development, as well as improving the communities they serve. resented by Ochsner Baptist – home to the Women’s Pavilion – the summit will take place as a virtual event on Oct. 20.
As a new public training event for JLNO, the Women’s Leadership Summit will empower local women through a diverse lineup of speakers and sessions. This virtual Summit will feature an opening plenary followed by three core programming tracks with nine dynamic breakout sessions and one entrepreneurial track.
- The Opening Plenary provides a high-level preview of the day with speakers setting the stage for the three core programming tracks with personal stories and professional accomplishments.
- Investing in Your Career: Sandra Lindquist – Executive Vice President and COO, New Orleans Chamber of Commerce
- Investing in Your Community: Jennifer Hale – Founder, Sideline Pass and FOX Sports Sideline Reporter
- Investing in You: April Dupre – Founder, Footprints to Fitness and WWL-TV Traffic Anchor
Core Programming Tracks
- Investing in Your Career
- Develop Your Presence: How to gain credibility and get a seat at the table
- Crisis Leadership: How to lead in uncertainty
- Leadership Perspectives: Hear from a diverse group of women on their unique experience with leadership
- Investing in Your Community
- Make NOLA Last: How to impact sustainably and build resilience
- Pay It Forward: How to make the most impact with your time, talent, and treasures
- Get Your Voice Heard: How to engage and activate others for positive impact
- Investing in You
- Equip yourself with financial knowledge to build wealth
- Women’s Health: Taking charge of your health in light of Covid-19
- Prioritizing You: How to take care of your whole self
- Business Start-up 101: Resources for Women
A full list of speakers for these sessions is available at https://www.jlno.org/wlsspeakers/. In addition to these breakout sessions, JLNO will welcome Phyllis Taylor, chief executive officer of Endeavor Enterprises LLC as well as chairperson and president of the Patrick F. Taylor Foundation, as the summit’s keynote speaker.
Registration for the Women’s Leadership Summit is now open to the public on the JLNO website. Virtual tickets are available for $50. Local attendees will have the opportunity to receive or pick up a conference gift bag. Additionally, individuals can request a virtual scholarship ticket on the registration site.
In addition to the presenting sponsor, Ochsner Baptist, corporate and individual sponsors for the Women’s Leadership Summit include the following: Fidelity Bank, The New Orleans Advocate, Biz New Orleans, Cheryl Ellsworth and Alvin Richards III, Krispy Krunchy Foods LLC, IberiaBank, Kristin Moore, Evie Sanders, Emily Liuzza, Domino’s, NOLA Scout Guide, Baker Donelson, Jaimee Boyd, Jacqueline Landry and The Sazerac House.
For more information regarding sponsorship opportunities, leadership tracks, and event registration, visit https://www.jlno.org/wls/.