JEDCO, Jefferson Chamber To Host Prosper Jefferson Small Business Seminar On Branding, Communications Strategies
AVONDALE, LA – As savvy business owners know, a solid branding and communications strategy is vital to a company's success. Managing your company's brand and the ways in which you tell your story can help your business cultivate relationships with your consumers. Developing a plan that integrates visual branding, media and community outreach and social media will provide you with the best approach to reach your target audience.
As part of the ongoing Prosper Jefferson series, the Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission (JEDCO) and the Jefferson Chamber are hosting an in-depth seminar on defining your brand and broadcasting it to the world on Wednesday, April 27, 2016, at the JEDCO Conference Center, 701A Churchill Parkway, in Avondale, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Admission is free and the seminar is open to all businesses and entrepreneurs.
Join three experts from Gambel Communications and Deep Fried Advertising as they cover a variety of topics to help you enhance your branding and communications strategy.
• Branding 101 – What is branding & why is it so important?
• Branding strategy
• PR/Media Relations 101 (with examples of valuable public relations tools)
• Leveraging media relations for your business
• Media interview prep
• Leveraging Facebook for your business
• Facebook advertising
• Social media etiquette for personal use
• Jennie Westerman Diemont: Jennie is the owner and creative director of Deep Fried Advertising. Originally from Baton Rouge, LA, Jennie worked for several agencies and magazines before eventually creating Deep Fried in 2004. A graduate of the Annenberg School of Communications at the University of Pennsylvania, her vision for Deep Fried was to create a space where talented designers could create beautiful, powerful brands that increase the profitability of their clients, and enjoy doing it. Her passion for advertising and interactive technology is rooted in a childhood rich in exposure to the arts, and an education structured in mathematics. She has always been driven to seek that fine line between aesthetics and functionality.
Under her supervision, Deep Fried has grown to an efficiently run boutique creative and interactive agency of nine people that services over 100 clients of varying industries, both local and nationwide. Over the past decade, she has established a reputation for expertise in branding and custom web development. Notable accounts include Townsend Addiction Treatment Centers, Tujague's Restaurant, Healthy Course Meals, New Orleans Chamber, Hola Nola, Pelican Coast Clothing Company, and YLC Wednesday at the Square. In her spare time, she serves on the Chairman's Council of the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, stays active with Women's Business Enterprise Council – South, and participates in several boards and non-profits. Jennie is also a 2013 graduate of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program.
• Gretchen Hirt: Gretchen is a communications strategist and social media specialist at Gambel Communications, an award-winning, New Orleans-based full service communications firm. She strategically handles media relations, social media, special events, crisis management, and community relations for her clients across a wide variety of industries.
A graduate of Loyola University of New Orleans, Gretchen received her Bachelors of Arts degree in theater and mass communication with a concentration in public relations. She is a current board member of the Southern Public Relations Federation and the Public Relations Association of Louisiana (state and New Orleans chapters). A certified Hootsuite Professional, Gretchen has also received a certificate of completion for the PR News' Writing Boot Camp and Digital PR/Social Media Conference.
Gretchen was named the Rising Professional of 2015 from the Public Relations Association of Louisiana – New Orleans Chapter and a was honored as an Award of Excellence recipient from the Public Relations Society of America. For her work in PR, Gretchen has received a PRSA Silver Anvil Award; SPRF Lantern Award and an SPRF "Best in Show" Award. Gretchen's favorite part about her job is the opportunity to spread awareness about so many different nonprofits. She is born and raised in New Orleans and is proud to call the city her home.
• Renee' Lebouef: Renee' is a communications strategist for Gambel Communications. She is a native of Bayou Lafourche, growing up in the heart of Cajun Country in Larose, Louisiana. Renee' received her Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Spring Hill College in 2010. She continued on to earn her Master of Mass Communications (MMC) from the School of Journalism at the University of South Carolina four years later. During her time in the MMC program, Renee' served as the Graduate Marketing Assistant for Sustainable Carolina, leading a team of undergraduate students in managing social media, email marketing, graphic design, and all other communications functions for the campus brand.
Upon graduating, Renee' worked in corporate communications, leading content marketing for Pure Barre, the largest barre fitness franchise in the country. Holding many diverse responsibilities – from copywriter to marketing strategist – gave her an extensive insight into crafting "big picture" strategies and executing them on the local level, particularly within a franchise model. Renee's colorful background within nonprofit programming, environmental branding and food + fitness communications brings a diverse skill set to the Gambel Communications team. Her clients include City Year New Orleans, Tastebuds Management and New Orleans Mission, among others.