Instapath Biopics LLC Wins $10K ‘Get Started Louisiana’ Pitch Competition At NOEW
NEW ORLEANS – Instapath Biopics LLC, that offers an imaging system that rapidly displays important biopsy features for diagnosis, allowing patients to avoid having to wait the standard two weeks for diagnosis, was named the winner of the “Get Started Louisiana” pitch competition, Wednesday, March 22, at the Contemporary Arts Center as part of New Orleans Entrepreneur Week, presented by IBERIABANK, and produced by The Idea Village.
The competition is part of the Get Started event series hosted by Cox Business, in partnership with Inc. Magazine.
Five local start-ups competed for the $10,000 prize package, pitching their businesses to a live audience and a panel of judges, with Instapath taking home the $10,000 prize package that includes a one-year Cox Business technology package.
The Instapath team included:
• Mei Wang – Research & Development
• David Tulman – Clinical Validation
• Pete Lawson – Software Engineering
• J. Quincy Brown – Scientific Advisor
The other finalists were:
• Happy Mop Inc., a self-rinsing mopping system, which automatically filters particulate and dirt from the dirty mop water
• Haring Laboratories Inc., which has developed proprietary technology to reduce emissions and help carbon-burning engines run cooler
• VR Arcade NOLA, the first-ever Virtual Reality arcade located in New Orleans
• RNvention, touting MultiNix, a seven-inch, multi-purpose tool developed by nurses, specifically to address the workflow needs of bedside nurses and clinicians
This year’s judges included Steve Rowley, senior vice president of Cox Business; Susan Cox, president and founder of LogoJET; Tom Cox, CEO and founder of Golfballs.com; and Louis Freeman Jr., CEO, Innovation Catalyst Inc. Ken Kraft, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Cox Business, was the moderator.