IFFCBANO Hosts “A Progress Report Of The Gulf South”
NEW ORLEANS – The International Freight Forwarders & Customs Brokers Association of New Orleans will host “Trending Now: Regional Economic Summit – A Progress Report of the Gulf South.”
On Wednesday, April 15, 2015, at the Port of New Orleans, 1350 Port of New Orleans Pl., 1st floor auditorium, the IFFCBANO will present a summit that will reveal what's in store for Louisiana and the Gulf Coast region. There will be discussions on workforce development, public/ private partnerships with educators, the regulatory landscape in Louisiana and what changes in state government may produce a more business friendly Louisiana.
Area leaders scheduled to share their views on the future of the Gulf Coast Area include:
• Abhay Patel, Director of Business Development & Industry for New Orleans Business Alliance
• Jana Sikdar, Executive Director for GNO, Inc.
• Iftikhar Ahmad, Director of Aviation for Louis Armstrong International Airport
• Karen Parsons, The Alliance for Southwest Louisiana Business Development Regional Planning Commission
• Jessica Shahein, with 504Ward
• David Conner, Vice President of Economic Development & International Services – Southwest Louisiana Business Development
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m., followed by the summit from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Tickets cost $25 and $20 for students.
The IFFCBANO asks for RSVPs by Friday, April 10.