GNO Inc. Provides COVID-19 Updates
NEW ORLEANS – From Michael Hecht, president and CEO of GNO Inc.:
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
March 25, 2020 Update
Emergency Stimulus Package – The White House and Senate leaders announced that they have reached a deal on a nearly $2 trillion emergency relief package (The CARES Act). The deal would include:
- $250B for direct payments to individuals and families
- $350B for forgivable small business loans (see below)
- $250B in unemployment insurance benefits
- $500B in loans for distressed companies
The bill must now be passed by the Senate, then pass the House, then go to the President.
Forgivable Loans – GNO, Inc. and partners strongly advocated for the “Payroll Protection Program,” which is included in the CARES Act. The program has two important features:
The loans are made directly by private, local banks and CDFIs, which will enhance speed
The loans, if used on payroll and other operating expenses, are forgivable
You can see a draft summary of the Payroll Protection Program here.
Construction Guidelines – The City of New Orleans has released FAQs related to construction – industrial, commercial and residential. Construction sites must maintain appropriate social distancing measures and all other public health mandates.
Drive Thru COVID-19 Testing Center – Today, LCMC Health announced that drive thru testing will be available at New Orleans East Hospital. The testing center will be open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00pm or until the daily maximum is reached. Before arriving at the testing those wishing to be tested must call the LCMC COVID Hotline at 504-962-6202 to be screened for symptoms.
The Data Center COVID19 Monitoring – The Data Center has launched a new webpage with data and maps tracking the impact of the coronavirus in New Orleans and across the state. In the coming weeks they will include additional data including demographics and economic impacts.
- GNOpivot – If you are a business that is pivoting to a new product to serve immediate coronavirus needs, register on gnoinc.org/gnopivot, and the GNO, Inc. team will help connect you to customers.
- LED Resources for Impacted Businesses – The Louisiana Economic Development site now has a new address: https://www.opportunitylouisiana.com/covid19.
- Buy Local – Buy NOLA Online is a platform for local businesses selling online during the crisis. The goal is to keep more people at home while supporting local businesses.
- Looking for Work? – In the wake of economic changes that have taken place as a result of the coronavirus, some companies are in need of workers. GNO, Inc. has compiled a running list on WorkNOLA.com of companies looking to fill immediate labor needs.
- Looking for Employees? If you have surge hiring needs because of the coronavirus, email Human Capital Manager Evie Poitevent at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will list your opportunities.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me email@example.com or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.