Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans Celebrates First Year
NEW ORLEANS – On July 21, Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans marked the first anniversary of its debut in the former International Trade Mart at the foot of Canal Street.
“This has been an extraordinary year and I could not be prouder of our team and their efforts,” said Mali Carow, the hotel’s general manager, in a press release. “The overwhelming support from the community has been boundless, and we are honored to be part of the tremendous hospitality industry of this great city.”
In its first year, Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans was named a “Best Hotel in New Orleans” and one of the “Best New Hotels in the World” by Travel + Leisure; a “Best of the Best” New Hotels in the World by Robb Report; and a “Best New Hotel in the Country” by USA TODAY 10Best. The Hotel’s interior designer, Bill Rooney Studio, earned a Hospitality Design HD Award for guest rooms, multiple LIV Hospitality Design awards, and the top prize from Design Et Al for Global Project Award Winner. In addition, the hotel was accepted into Virtuoso’s portfolio of luxury travel partners, composed of more than 2200 preferred suppliers in 100 countries, specializing in world-class client service and experience.
The hotel’s PR team compiled a list of numbers to celebrate the occasion and tell the story of the property’s first year:
- $550 million transformation to New Orleans’ historic World Trade Center, spurring development along the Riverfront
- 80,000 single-use amenities saved from landfills as part of the hotel’s commitment to eliminating single-use plastics
- 72,145 guest check-ins
- 35,166 oysters shucked during Chemin à la Mer’s oyster happy hour
- 15,000 Bohemian crystals shimmering above Chandelier Bar
- 3,243 whole fried chickens served in Miss River
- 2,874 chandelier martinis
- 655 ounces of caviar savored
- 477 employees strong
- 216 birthdays and anniversaries celebrated with guests