EO Louisiana To Host Annual Meeting, Honor Member With Marshall Klein Entrepreneur Of The Year Award
NEW ORLEANS – EO Louisiana will host its annual meeting Friday, Aug. 25, at the Orpheum Theatre, 129 Roosevelt Way, at 6:30 p.m.
The keynote speaker is Peter Ricchiuti, Tulane professor of practice in equity, research, A.B. Freeman School of Business and director for Burkenroad Reports.
At the meeting, EO Louisiana will introduce its new Board of Directors:
• Dustin Puryear, president
• Josh Loeske, integration
• Keith Naccari, integration
• Jude Olinger, learning
• Raymond Areaux, forum
• Todd Matherne, communications
• Charlie Davis, membership
• Clayton White, membership
• Eric Morgan, finance
• Mark Lewis, strategic alliance
• Erik Frank, community outreach
• Kevin Langley, community outreach
• Warren Sager, accelerator
• William Scott, accelerator
• Mary Hill, chapter administrator
In addition, EO Louisiana will recognize its members who have been with the group for 10 years or more: Kevin Langley, John Hearin, Laurie Aronson, Marc Couvillion, Whittington Kellam and Jude Olinger.
EO will also honor one of its members with the Marshall Klein award that is given out annually. The EO New Orleans Entrepreneur of the Year Award began in 2006 in honor of EO New Orleans’ Klein, who was the president and CEO of Mandeville-based iBusiness.com. Shortly before his untimely death from acute liver failure on Sept. 10, 2004, Klein made major personal breakthroughs in his life driven by his EO Forum experience. Klein’s life exemplified what EO is about, EO Louisiana reps said, by living life to the fullest, thirsting to learn and “making a mark” by always wanting to give back.
The Marshall Klein award was established in his honor, and is presented annually to one EO Louisiana member who mirrors the EO qualities the group esteems.
In 2005, Klein’s wife, Lisa, received the first Marshall Klein award on behalf of her husband, the Friday before Hurricane Katrina at The Windsor Court.
Past honorees of the Marshall Klein award include:
• 2006 – Shane Breaux
• 2007 – Ash Abbott, Mpress
• 2008 – Dwayne Honoré, D. Honoré Construction, Inc.
• 2009 – Patricia Talbot, Baton Rouge Duplicating Products (BRDP)
• 2010 – Jude Olinger, The Olinger Group
• 2011 – Kevin Langley, Ellis Construction, LLC
• 2012 – Todd Matherne, Renaissance Publishing
• 2013 – Aaron Dirks, PosiGen
• 2014 – Corey Tisdale, ShoppersChoice.com
• 2015 – Laurie Aronson, Haspel & Lipsey's
• 2016 – Josh Loeske, Quality Sitework Materials
EO Louisiana is the statewide chapter of the national organization Entrepreneurs’ Organization. EO Louisiana has more than 50 members and accelerator members.