Entergy Reports 2nd Quarter Earnings
Entergy Corporation (NYSE: ETR) reported second quarter 2022 earnings per share of 78 cents on an as-reported basis and $1.78 on an adjusted basis (non-GAAP).
“We had a productive second quarter with accomplishments that made meaningful progress toward our stakeholder objectives,” said Leo Denault, Entergy chairman and chief executive officer. “Higher retail sales were driven by customer growth and hot temperatures across our region. As a result, we are implementing several initiatives to improve affordability and customer experience.”
Business highlights included the following:
- E-TX and Sempra Infrastructure entered into a memorandum of understanding to develop options designed to accelerate the deployment of new renewable generation and to increase the resilience of power supply in E-TX’s Southeast Texas service area, where Sempra Infrastructure’s facilities are under development.
- Construction was completed on E-MS’s 100 MW Sunflower Solar Station.
- E-MS announced that the company selected several resources from its 2022 renewable RFP.
- E-AR increased its 2022 renewable RFP to 1,000 MW from 500 MW.
- E-TX completed a substation that is part of a $44 million investment in the Huntsville distribution network, improving the reliability and resiliency of the local grid.
- The MPSC approved a settlement agreement to resolve all of the MPSC’s complaints against SERI; the proposed settlement is subject to FERC approval.
- The MPSC approved E-MS’s annual FRP filing.
- E-NO submitted its preliminary grid hardening and resilience plan to the CCNO.
- E-LA, E-NO, and E-AR filed their annual FRPs, and E-TX filed its base rate case.
- E-NO submitted its filing for certification of Hurricane Ida costs.
- Entergy completed the sale of Palisades, EWC’s last remaining nuclear asset.
- Edison Electric Institute announced Entergy as a recipient of its Emergency Assistance Award.
- For the seventh consecutive year, Entergy was named to The Civic 50, a Points of Light initiative honoring the 50 most community-minded companies in the U.S.
Get more information at entergy.com.