Drag Queen Brunch At Tujague’s To Benefit NO/AIDS Task Force’s ‘Food For Friends’
NEW ORLEANS – Three courses, four Drag Queens – Tujague’s 160th anniversary yearlong celebration continues with a Sunday Funday not to be missed. On Sunday, July 24, 2016, from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., the second oldest restaurant in New Orleans will join forces with NO/AIDS Task Force to kick off the annual fundraising event, Dining Out for Life. That day, guests can head down to the French Quarter for a festive Drag Queen Brunch featuring appearances by the vivacious MC Kitty D’Litter and her cast of Queens. A portion of the proceeds will benefit “Food for Friends,” a meal delivery program under the NO/AIDS Task Force that has served people living with AIDS since 1992.
According to owner Mark Latter, “The Drag Queen Brunch is a fun way to pay tribute to our history. Back in the 1800’s, the restaurant served up a Butcher’s Breakfast – a mid-morning meal for the workers which we now call brunch. Plus, we’ve been known to have a few cross-dressing ghosts hanging around the restaurant, so we thought, let’s put the two together.”
Curated by Tujague’s Executive Chef Marcus Woodham, the three-course menu features a variety of culinary delights as well as bottomless mid-morning cocktails such as Mimosas, Brandy Milk Punches, Pimm’s Cups, and Bloody Marys.
Priced at $50 per person (excluding tax and gratuity), the Drag Queen’s menu includes:
• Avocado Toast – Grilled Sourdough, Radish, Sweet Peppers, Citrus Balsamic Reduction, Baby Green Salad, Tomatillo Vinaigrette
• Farm Egg – Creamy Stone Ground Grits, Yaka Mein Broth, Oxtail, Green Onion, Duck Cracklin’s
• Crispy Des Allemands Catfish – Braised Collard Greens, Peppered Basmati Rice, Peach Vinaigrette
• Pressed Brisket Sandwich – Provolone, Red Onion, Whole Grain Mustard in a Creole Tomato Broth
• Shredded Chicken-n-Biscuits – Two Poached Eggs, Andouille Sawmill Gravy, Green Onion Hot Sauce
• Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Blueberries, Cane Syrup, Bourbon Whipped Cream
• Banana Bread Pudding – Caramel Sauce
Tujague’s is located at 823 Decatur St. in New Orleans’ French Quarter.