Cox Business, Inc. Magazine Announce Finalists Of 'Get Started Louisiana' Pitch Contest
NEW ORLEANS – A self-rinsing mopping system, a virtual reality arcade and a multi-purpose tool to help nurses manage their workflow will be among the products and technology showcased by five finalists at the Get Started Louisiana pitch contest, hosted by Cox Business and Inc. Magazine.
The event will take place Wednesday, March 22, at the Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., as part of New Orleans Entrepreneur Week, presented by IBERIABANK.
More than 60 businesses applied to pitch their ideas at Get Started Louisiana. The five finalists are:
• Happy Mop Inc. – Its self-rinsing mopping system automatically filters particulate and dirt from the dirty mop water, and its touchless cleaning machine allows the user to “spray-wash” bathroom facilities so that surfaces are never actually touched by the cleaner.
• Haring Laboratories Inc. has developed proprietary technology to reduce emissions and help carbon-burning engines run cooler. The company’s mission is to make carbon-burning engines highly efficient in the utilization of their fuel, thus creating better fuel economy, lower emissions and cleaner running engines.
• Instapath Bioptics LLC is promoting an imaging system that rapidly displays important biopsy features for diagnosis within seconds instead of weeks, enabling patients to be treated sooner.
• VR Arcade NOLA is the first-ever virtual reality arcade located in New Orleans, offering its customers a chance to immerse themselves in virtual experiences including underwater worlds or alien spaceships.
• RNvention is touting MultiNix, a seven-inch, multi-purpose tool developed by nurses, specifically to address the workflow needs of bedside nurses and clinicians. The product is easy to carry, access and use among medical professionals, with more than 15 features.
Representative from each of these companies will pitch their idea in 2.5 minutes to a panel of experts. This year’s judges are: Susan Cox, president and founder of LogoJET; Tom Cox, CEO and founder of Golfballs.com; Steve Rowley, senior vice president of Cox Business; and Louis Freeman Jr., CEO, Innovation Catalyst Inc.
One winner will be selected to receive cash prizes and a Cox Business technology package valued at $10,000. Local businesses not competing are encouraged to attend this free event for networking and learning opportunities from accomplished leaders in digital marketing, funding and business growth strategy.
Get Started Louisiana will begin at 4:30 p.m. with networking and a social hour, followed by the pitch contest at 6:00 p.m. An after party will be held from 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. featuring beverages and a live music. Spots are still available to attend the live event.