Committee Looking for Next Chancellor of South Louisiana Community College
BATON ROUGE – The Louisiana Community and Technical College System Board of Supervisors announced it has formed a chancellor search committee for the next chancellor of South Louisiana Community College. The committee represents the diverse cultural composition of the greater Lafayette and Acadiana region and includes representation of the college’s broad stakeholder group. The search committee will be chaired by Timothy Hardy, a partner at Breazeale, Sachse, and Wilson.
The full search committee is comprised of LCTCS Board members, as well as SLCC community members, college faculty and staff, and a student representative.
- Timothy W. Hardy, Search Committee Chair, LCTCS Board of Supervisors
- Alterman L. “Chip” Jackson, LCTCS Board of Supervisors
- Tari Bradford, LCTCS Board of Supervisors
- Willie Mount, LCTCS Board of Supervisors
- Brett Mellington, Manager of Business Development, Lafayette Economic Development Authority; President of the SLCC Foundation
- Darcee Bex, Ed.D., SLCC Interim Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs Dean of STEM, Transportation & Energy
- Jeremy Bazile, Attorney, Glenn Armentor Law Corporation; SLCC Foundation Board Member
- Leslie Greco, ED., Medical Director, Iberia Medical Center; SLCC Foundation Board Member
- Patrick Fontenot, President/CEO, Williams Progressive Life Insurance
- Patrick Gibbens, SLCC Faculty Senate President
- Samantha Leger, SLCC SGA President
- Tanya St. Julian, SLCC Associate Professor, Industrial Electronics Technology; Department Chair, STEM, Transportation, and Energy Division; and Department Chair, Applied Engineering
The Board will be assisted by the Association of Community College Trustees to conduct the search. ACCT, a nonprofit organization and national executive search firm based in Washington, D.C., has completed more than 400 executive searches.