BGR Welcomes Five New Directors, Announces Officers for 2021
NEW ORLEANS – The Bureau of Governmental Research has announced the appointment of five new members to its board of directors and the election of the board’s officers for the 2021 year.
The board’s newly elected members, who will serve for a three-year term beginning in 2021, include:
- Thomas A. LaVeist, dean of the Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Juley Thuy Le, engagement manager for enterprise at Resilia
- Patty Riddlebarger, vice president of social responsibility for Entergy Corporation
- Syrita Steib (pictured), executive director and founder of Operation Restoration
- Lamar Villere, partner and portfolio manager at Villere & Co.
Officers of the board for 2021 are:
- Norma Grace, chair
- Merritt Lane, vice chair
- Maureen Clary, secretary
- Hunter G. Hill, treasurer
- Blake Stanfill, assistant secretary
- Anne P. Baños, assostant treasurer
The following directors have begun a second, three-year term:
- Christine Albert, vice president of marketing and communications, LCMC Health
- Susan G. Brennan, president and CEO, Second Line Stages
- Blake Stanfill, director of growth, Trepwise
These board members are joined by returning members Tara Adams, Charmaine Caccioppi, Andrea Chen, Vanessa Claiborne, Leah N. Engelhardt, Ludovico Feoli, Louis M. Freeman, Jr., Alex Gershanik, Jessie Haynes, Andrew R. Lee, Gary L. Lorio, Jennifer M. Neil, Graham Ralston, Jennifer Roberts, Melissa Sawyer, Jennifer Schnidman, Steven W. Usdin and Charles West.
“BGR benefits from having a highly engaged Board dedicated to building on our organization’s important legacy,” said Amy L. Glovinsky, BGR’s president and CEO. “We welcome five new board members who bring expertise and perspective to improve our work and strengthen the effectiveness of our team.”
To learn more about BGR’s board members and their work in the New Orleans area, visit https://www.bgr.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.