BGR Membership Elects New Board Directors
NEW ORLEANS – The Bureau of Governmental Research elected seven new directors at the organization's annual members' meeting, held at the New Orleans Marriott Hotel, Wednesday, Nov. 30.
The new directors are:
• Andrea Chen, Executive Director of Propeller
• Louis M. Freeman Jr., CEO of Innovation Catalyst
• Alex Gershanik, President of The Power Courses
• Andrew Lee, Partner at Jones Walker
• Jennifer Neil, General Counsel at POOLCORP
• Slade Simons, Executive Vice President of Gulf Coast Wealth Management
• Larry Washington, President of Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans, Inc.
In addition, four directors were re-elected to a second term:
• Caroline Zetzman-Calhoun, Civic Activist
• Martin Mayer, President and CEO Stirling Properties
• Anthony Recasner, CEO of Agenda for Children
• Nathalie G. Simon, Special Assistant to the CEO & President – Public Policy Initiatives, Laitram LLC
Officers of the Board of Directors were elected for the 2017 term.
• Hardy B. Fowler, Retired Partner, KPMG LLC (Chairman)
• Ludovico Feoli, Executive Director, Center for Inter-American Policy and Research at Tulane University (Vice Chairman)
• J. Storey Charbonnet, Partner, Johnson Rice & Company, LLC (Secretary)
• Norma Grace, Retired Vice Chancellor for Technology and Economic Development, University of New Orleans (Treasurer)
• Nathalie G. Simon, Special Assistant to the CEO & President – Public Policy Initiatives, Laitram LLC (Assistant Secretary)
• Todd McDonald, Vice President Liberty Bank and Trust Company (Assistant Treasurer)
BGR is a private, nonprofit, independent research organization. Since its founding in 1932, it has been dedicated to informed public policy-making and the effective use of public resources in the Greater New Orleans area.