Best of the Best
If you are friends with me on social media then on July 9th you saw the excitement as Renaissance Publishing’s editorial team of writers, editors, photographers, graphic artists and even cartoonist took home 32 Excellence in Journalism Awards from the Press Club of New Orleans. Our team won 10 first place trophies, as well as many second and third place awards. Our first place honors included:
• Best Magazine – Louisiana Life
• Best Layout and Design – Louisiana Life
• Best Sports Blog – MyNewOrleans.com
• Best Cartoon – New Orleans Magazine
• Best Business Writing – Biz New Orleans
• Best Column – New Orleans Magazine
• Best Special Section – New Orleans Magazine
• Best Email Update – BizNewOrleans.com
• Best News Blog – MyNewOrleans.com
• Best Business Broadcast – Biz New Orleans – Biz TV
Our staff works hard and to be recognized by your peers is great, but the real honor that evening was seeing my partner, Errol Laborde, the longest serving editor of New Orleans Magazine and the EVP of editorial for all of Renaissance Publishing products, receive the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Press Club. I met Errol in 1989 when he was hired to take the reigns of New Orleans Magazine, and this year he will celebrate the magazine’s 50th anniversary while achieving worthy honors from his peers.
In 2013, Errol was honored nationally as Columnist of the Year for his Streetcar Column in New Orleans Magazine, and now in 2016, he is having another banner year.
Congratulations to our entire editorial team and their leader, Errol Laborde — what a great Louisiana Saturday night it was.