Benchmark Litigation Names Phelps Dunbar A ‘Highly Ranked Firm,’ 5 Attorneys Named Litigation Stars
NEW ORLEANS – Phelps Dunbar has been recognized as a highly ranked firm in Louisiana in the 10th anniversary issue of Benchmark Litigation, the Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys. The firm also had five Louisiana attorneys named Litigation Stars for 2016.
“Peers confirm, Phelps Dunbar has very deep ties to maritime work, financial institutions, contract matters,” Benchmark noted in its announcement. “They have an international presence in insurance coverage work as well as a fairly robust employment practice.”
The Benchmark Litigation stars from Phelps Dunbar include:
• Kim Boyle, a partner in the firm’s New Orleans office who practices in the areas of labor and employment, civil rights, constitutional law, commercial, tort and general litigation;
• Dennis Blunt, a partner in the firm’s Baton Rouge office who practices in the area of commercial litigation, with a focus on business disputes including business torts and insurance company solvency and regulation;
• Stephen Hall, a partner in the firm’s New Orleans office who practices in the areas of insurance coverage law, environmental insurance litigation, asbestos and toxic tort litigation;
• Michael Hunt, the firm’s managing partner based in Baton Rouge who represents both plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial litigation and disputes involving design and construction; and
• Harry Rosenberg, a partner in the firm’s New Orleans office who practices in the area of commercial litigation, concentrating in the areas of business torts, trial practice, civil rights and white collar criminal law.
Benchmark Litigation focuses exclusively on the litigation market and gathers its information from a six-month period, where researchers conduct extensive interviews with litigators and clients, identifying the leading firms and litigators, examining recent casework and peer opinions.
With offices positioned along the Gulf Coast from Houston to Tampa, Phelps Dunbar is a regional law firm of more than 260 attorneys in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Jackson, Tupelo and Gulfport, Mississippi; Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas; Tampa, Florida; Mobile, Alabama; Raleigh, North Carolina; and London.