7 Kean Miller New Orleans Partners Named As 2018 Best Lawyers®
NEW ORLEANS – Kean Miller announced that seven of its New Orleans partners have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers® in America 2018.
Published since 1983, The Best Lawyers® in America is regarded as an important referral guide to the legal profession in the United States, reps said. The list is compiled through an exhaustive peer-review survey in which thousands of the top lawyers in the U.S. confidentially evaluate their professional peers. It is important to note that the lawyers listed in Best Lawyers have no say in deciding which practice areas they are included in. They are voted into practice areas entirely as a result of the votes they receive from their peers. The Kean Miller attorneys listed in the upcoming edition include:
• Jaye A. Calhoun (Litigation and Controversy – Tax; Tax Law)
• David J. Halpern (Land Use and Zoning Law)
• Michael A. McGlone (Admiralty and Maritime Law)
• Michael R. Phillips (Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defense)
• James R. Silverstein (Admiralty and Maritime Law; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants)
• Charles R. Talley (Admiralty and Maritime Law; Oil and Gas Law)
• David M. Whitaker (Employment Law – Individuals; Employment Law – Management; Labor Law – Management; Labor Law – Union; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Mass Tort Litigation /Class Actions – Defendants).
With more than 150 attorneys in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport and Lake Charles, Kean Miller is one of the largest full-service law firms in Louisiana, and the largest in the Capitol Region, reps said. The firm serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the Bayou State and has a particular dedication to serving Fortune 500 companies with significant operations in the South, providing them with legal resources focused on growth, reps said.