5th Annual Downtown NOLA Arts-Based Business Pitch Seeking Arts-Based Business Ideas, Offering $35K+ Prize
NEW ORLEANS – As a Strategic Partner of the Idea Village for the 2017 Entrepreneur Season, the Downtown Development District along with CANO and LCEF will host the fifth annual “Downtown NOLA Arts-Based Business Pitch” during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week 2017, the premier annual business festival, on Monday, March 20.
The Downtown NOLA Arts-Based Business Pitch is seeking an arts-based business idea that will highlight the superior resources that Downtown New Orleans offers. The pitch event is aimed at identifying and supporting entrepreneurs that have an arts-based project or product that benefits the Downtown Development District, that is preferably scalable and is situated in the creative, architecture, technology, digital media or film/entertainment fields, DDD reps said.
Entrepreneurs must fit the following criteria:
• Ability to provide a product or service, whether through interactive art, digital media, mobile apps, or any other means of attracting to and engaging patrons Downtown that will also enhance their experience living or visiting Downtown
• Arts-based business (creative, digital media, technology, architecture, film/entertainment)
• Committed to relocating to, or conducting business in, Downtown New Orleans
• Ability to contribute to making Downtown New Orleans a hub of innovative ‘cool’ arts-based business through attracting buzz, talent and economic activity
• The DDD and other partners will provide a prize package valued at over $35,000 to the winner that will consist of numerous hours of professional legal, accounting, Public Relations and marketing services and cash
The winner will be the pitch/ presentation that best embodies the spirit and culture of Downtown New Orleans in a sustainable project.
Finalists will be selected and have the chance to work on their concept, practice their presentation and ultimately present their project at the “Downtown Arts Business Pitch.”
Deadline for submissions are due by Wednesday, Jan. 25.