2nd Annual Beignet Fest Announces Full Festival Menu
NEW ORLEANS – The second annual Beignet Fest, which takes place on Saturday, Oct. 7, at the Festival Grounds at City Park, from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., unveiled this year’s festival menu:
• Café Beignet: traditional beignets
• Café Maspero: beignet fries
• Girls Gone Vegan: vegan gluten-free beignets, vegan gluten-free donuts, vegan gluten-free brownies
• Howlin’ Wolf Den: award-winning bacon and cheddar beignets with chipotle crema
• Jambalaya Girl: chicken and sausage jambalaya
• Legacy Kitchen: crawfish beignets
• Loretta’s Authentic Pralines: praline beignets, chocolate praline beignets, crabmeat beignets, hamburger/ hot sausage beignets
• Luca Eats: oreo beignets
• New Orleans Coffee & Beignet Co.: traditional beignets, beignet bites
• Old School Eats: blueberry compote and whipped goat cheese-stuffed beignets, beignets with candied bacon crumble and apple bourbon sausage
• Royal House: Gulf fish beignets
• The Ruby Slipper Café: cochon beignets, Bananas Foster beignets, tasso crème beignets
• SNO-LA: beignet snoballs, café crème sno-balls
• Zippy Fruit Company: Pirate beignet crumbles, fresh fruit cones, smoothie pops
“This year, Beignet Fest will offer more than 20 different dishes based on the iconic beignet,” said Sherwood Collins, festival founder and event producer. “With some amazing new dishes along with last year’s favorites, we know that there will be something for everyone at this year’s Beignet Fest!”
Once again, proceeds from the festival will benefit the Tres Doux Foundation with a mission to celebrate, embrace and enhance the lives of children with developmental delays and disabilities by presenting them as whole beings, and to support organizations that do the same.
This year, revelers will have a chance to vote for their favorite traditional, non-traditional sweet and savory beignets in a Best Beignet contest. Also, celebrity judges will pick a Best Beignet overall.
Ochsner Hospital for Children will present the Kids’ Village – complete with sensory friendly activities, as well as fun for all children.
Click here for all Beignet Fest sponsors and a menu and map with details about each vendor and their food offerings.