New Orleans Earns Louisiana A Spot In Top 40 Most Sustainably Powered U.S. Cities
NEW ORLEANS — Commercial Café has put together a new study on the top 40 most sustainably powered cities in the U.S. and New Orleans ranked no. 38.
For the study, Commercial Café used a scoring system that included indicators like the level of CO2 emissions or the number of EV charging stations for each city. The data they based their research on came from various sources, such as the Carbon Disclosure Project or the U.S. Census Bureau.
Here are some highlights from the report:
- New Orleans is the only Louisiana city to make the top 40, landing at 38, with a total of 49.68 points.
- New Orleans has one of the best scores in the country for the use of coal as an energy source indicator.
- Austin is the most sustainably powered city in the South, taking the 12th spot and boasting a score of 72.10.
- The West Coast is home to the greenest cities in the U.S., San Francisco leading the pack at 88.53 points.
- New York rounds up the top, with a score of only 43.16.
Read the complete report here.
- by Alexa Renée Harrison, associate news editor