Baker Donelson Hosts Inaugural LA Life Sciences And Technology Symposium Tuesday
NEW ORLEANS – Baker Donelson will host the inaugural Louisiana Life Sciences and Technology Symposium tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept. 19, at Baker Donelson, 201 St. Charles Ave., Suite 3600.
The symposium will be a day-long event, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., bringing together the thought leaders and stakeholders in the life sciences ecosystem, providing and exchanging information about common issues that growing companies should consider as they mature in the marketplace.
The symposium will facilitate panel discussions and Q&A sessions around topics including: corporate strategy and investment; human resources issues facing emerging companies; creating successful university and industry partnerships; managing economic development incentives; protecting intellectual property portfolios; and more.
Louisiana Life Sciences and Technology Practice Group co-leaders Paula Estrada de Martin, Ph.D. and Noah Kressler will join speaking representatives from the life sciences industry, regional universities and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Scheduled to attend are:
• Megan Hoyt, regional outreach officer with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• Michael Hecht, president and CEO, Greater New Orleans, Inc.
• Kris Khalil, managing director, New Orleans BioFund
• Hallie G. Dietsch, Ready Responders
• Robin Keller, COO, Lubricity Labs
• Jacob Oyloe, corporate counsel, MedImmune, LLC.
• Pamela Hornby, Ph.D., senior director and research fellow, Janssen Pharmaceuticals