PORT LOG TRIVIA
How well do you know the Port of South Louisiana?
1. There are X steps required to dredge the Mississippi River.
2. Weber Marine has served the Mississippi River for X years.
3. ADM has approximately X employees in more than Y countries
4. YCI estimates approximately X construction jobs and Y permanent jobs by the end of Phase I.
5. The Mississippi is the only major navigable channel in the world connected to over X acres of agricultural lands.
6. According to GNO, Inc. the Port of South Louisiana is responsible for X jobs.
7. Located in St. John the Baptist Parish, Evergreen Plantation was built in the year X.
8. The Port is home to one of the most active Foreign Trade Zone in the United States. True or False?
9. Who is the largest exporter of grain in the United States?
3. 31,000 employees in more than 170 countries
4. The company estimates approximately 1,000 construction jobs and 100 permanent jobs by the end of Phase I.
5. The Mighty Mississippi is the only major navigable channel in the world connected to over 300 million acres of agricultural lands.
6. Port of South Louisiana is responsible for 30,000 jobs, meaning more than half of the workforce in St. John the Baptist, St. James and St. Charles Parishes takes home a paycheck from a Port related business
7. Built in 1790 and restored in 1832, the main house reflects the Greek Revival Style.
9. Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)